Chapter Six - Constant Recovery

Chapter title creds: Tangled In The Great Escape - Pierce The Veil

Austin POV

"Alan has lost alot of blood. We can stitch up the cut but there's no telling if he'll make it. We don't have his blood type in stock and he's out of commission." Doctor Rafi said. 

I felt my body get weak. Phil grabbed my arm tightly, hauling me back up. "It's okay." Tears were coming again. "C-can I see him?" I said, choking up a sob of regret. He might die...

"Yes. He may not be conscious right now as we just gave him some morphine and painkillers." I nodded, and he led us down the hallway, which smelled like soap. I saw through the windows of other patients' rooms and cringed.

One man had an IV in, pale face and looked deathly. His heartbeat was going very slow. Another's face had been blown off, God knows how. Covered in gauze but it was seeping through, the blood. Ew. 

Finally we reached Alan's room and I ran straight to him. He was pale in the face, wrist wrapped up and not awake. "Oh, Alan," I blubbered, grabbing his hand and squishing it. It was warm. I was so confused as to what to feel. Happy or sad. He was alive. But he might not make it. I sat next to him on the bed.

"I love you. I don't know if you know it but I do. I will never leave you. I couldn't bear the sight of you dying, baby. I didn't know the consequences of my actions and now it's my fault you're almost dead." I sniffled. "But I love you. I don't know if you'll make it and it's worrying the hell out of me." 

I played with his hair a bit, breathing heavily and bent down, kissing his forehead.

"I love you, Alan Anthony Ashby. Forever." I kissed him on the lips and let go of his hand. 

"Mr. Carlile? I must ask you some health questions for Alan." The doctor said. I nodded, wiping my tears and stepped outside Alan's room to talk with him.

"Did he cut his wrist like that?" I nodded, trembling. 

"Why?" 

A deep breath was diffficult. "He was feeling very guilty over something not very bad. Alan was diagnosed with depression before this and it just made how he felt worse." My voice quivered. 

He asked me a few more questions to access the situation at hand and then we left. 

I got into the bus, looking away from Alan's bunk, which was under mine, as I got into mine. 

Sliding my pants off onto the floor, I slept in my batman boxers a fan had given me but I never wore. 

What would I do without my Alan?

A/N

Hey :) I started writing this while listening to Christina Perri and ended while listening to Flyleaf, can you tell how it affected my writing? They're both just such passionate artist >.> 

Alrighty. If you have any suggestions or like a review idk, comment? Ty. <3