Chapter 1: A Bittersweet Summer

Jungkook's P.O.V

》》》》

》》》》

June 13th

2020

- EOMMA'S CAR CRASH-

"Son, I need you to stay calm. Everything will be okay your eomma is--"

"How can you say that?! Eomma is gone! She's never coming back! I'm never going to get to see her again."

"I know that son, but you have to understand that it was her time. She--"

"No, it wasn't... she wasn't supposed to- to go yet. She wasn't supposed to l-leave me..."

"Kook you have to look on the brighter side of things."

"Brighter side? Some drunk crashed into my eomma's car and now she's fucking dead! She's fucking gone! -- and you want to tell me to look on the brighter side!"

"Come here son, the least I could do is--"

"Don't touch me."

"Jungkook plea--"

"I said don't touch me..."

"...just- just leave me alone."

》》》》

July 5th

2020

-PRESENT DAY-

That one moment never left my dull mind.

I dream about it almost every night.

Its terrifying words picking at my brain, and tearing into my thoughts. It's an unstoppable force that made me go numb. That day when eomma left me, the heart-wrenching feeling overwhelmed my being. Consuming my every move, encounter, and routine. Destroying me from the inside out.

I'm usually always ready. Always prepared for my next journey, turn, or level. But this level seemed rather uneven. It didn't fit the pattern that the others consisted of. In fact, this level was rather difficult. I don't even know if I'll be able to beat it and move on.