I don't have all day

(A/N Y'all are spoiling me with love)

"Hey, Peter wait up!" The boy turned to see MJ waving an arm and sprinting towards him. Ned was trailing behind her looking unsure. He grinned happily to see his two best friends.

"What's up?" He greeted as they approached.

"Could I use your phone?" MJ asked, looking Peter in the eyes only to get a look of confusion.

"Uh... what for?" He asked hesitating. He had nothing to hide so why was he nervous?

MJ glanced back at Ned who only shrugged. "My phone died and I need to make a quick call," she smoothly explained and Peter just nodded taking out his phone and handing it to her. She turned walking a few steps away to leave Ned and Peter alone.

"Why didn't she just take your phone?" He asked his friend who stuttered on his works.

"I uh... mines also dead," Ned said nodding furiously.

"I have a charger if you want to-" Peter's offer was quickly cut off.

"Oh no that's fine! I'm sure you'll need it in case you run out of charge at your internship." The shorter of the two waved his hands around dismissively.

Peter gave a weird look but no questions were asked. Just a quiet and long "ooookay," as he looked up in search of MJ. However, before he got a proper look Ned jumped in view. It seemed they were acting weirder than normal.

"Ned, what's wrong?" Peter asked now focusing on just the other.

"I just remembered that I didn't ask how your day was!" He panicked to think of something on the spot but it worked.

A soft "oh" came from him as he relaxed. He grinned goofily and nodded. "My day is so far going good. I wasn't late to any of my classes which is a miracle. And yours?" Peter had wrapped his hands around his backpack straps fiddling with it.

"Mine was also pretty good. I was able to-" Ned was cut off from the rant he was prepared to go on to cover MJ.

"I'm back~" MJ's familiar voice rang out. "Miss me, boys?" She asked as she smiled holding out Peter's phone. To Peter, it was a simple smile that he returned but Ned could see how mischievous it was. Peter took his phone only give it a glance. "I wouldn't say miss," Ned muttered glad he no longer needed to stall.

"I'm sorry you guys but I need to get to the internship. I'll see you later though?" He asked receiving a smug look from MJ and a nod from Ned. After exchanging goodbyes they separated.

(*Line Break*)

Peter worked with his 'boss' who's name was Bret. He was maybe around his mid-twenties but very kind. Currently, they were working on a project that was meant to be shown to the company as a prototype. Peter was clicking at his pen as he looked at the progress so far. Bret had stood next to him as he hummed.

"Maybe if we change the level of energy it gives out to a less extreme one?" Bret suggested with Peter shaking his head.

"If we do that we'd also have to change the size of the holder to a smaller one. It'd be better to change the energy level to something higher. Plus it'd make it more efficient," Peter pointed towards the paper.

"Then let's start," Bret agreed already turning back to the work table.

But they both stopped as the door opened and a distraught Tony Stark walked in. Bret only raised a brow clearly use to this as Peter watched curiously. Tony raised a hand towards Bret. "I need your help." Bret looked more amused than anything. "Did you fire another one sir?" he asked receiving a 'tch' in response.

"Sorry sir but I need to prepare the list Mrs. Potts asked for," Bret said shrugging and pausing for a moment before turning. "But! You can take Peter. I'm sure I'll be fine without him." He motioned towards the teen who only shrunk in his seat at the sudden attention. Tony looked him up and down before nodding. "Fine."

Peter turned to look at Bret horrified. What if did something wrong? Or messed up? What if he got himself fired? Bret only laughed. Oh, Peter was so getting back on him for that.

"Come on kid, I don't have all day." Tony already began to walk off as the boy scrambled out of his seat nearly tripping over nothing.

(A/N I'm starting a marvel one-shot book during spring break most likely! It won't be based on shipping and the sort just some angst and fluff I've had in mind. I'll take requests but I'm not posting the book till I have a few chapters already written out~)