10 | You Didn't See That Coming?

╔══════════════════╗

VALOR
x. YOU DIDN'T SEE THAT COMING?

╚══════════════════╝

  ULTRON WAS A VIRUS

  ULTRON WAS A VIRUS. That was the conclusion Riley had come to. Not only was Ultron a virus, but he was a little bitch to deal with, which was a fair conclusion, in her opinion.

  The team had been trying to pin down Ultron's location after he attacked them last night, and they hadn't been successful in the slightest. It felt impossible. How do you track someone who's always on the move?

  The bright side was that wherever Ultron went, he left traces of his existence behind him. This made it easier to follow him at the very least. He was all over the globe: robotics labs, weapons facilities, jet propulsion labs. Reports had come up of metal men raiding these places, which lead to inevitable fatalities when engaged. The strangest part was that the survivors left in fugue states going on about old memories, worst fears, and "something too fast to see". These were signs of the Maximoff twins.

  Now, this led to one question: How did Ultron know where to find the twins?

  The Avengers had busily worked throughout the night, strategizing and tracking all reports of Ultron. Some had fallen asleep, but for people like Riley and Tony, sleep wasn't in their vocabulary. But today was a new day that brought new possibilities, which were all the Avengers needed.

  Riley shuffled through some of the research she'd done with Tony and Bruce when working on Ultron, trying to determine if there was anything in their notes she could use. Her raven hair was pulled back, her tired eyes losing focus with every second. Riley squeezed her eyes shut for just a moment, regretting not getting a wink of sleep last night.

  The youngest Avenger glanced up at Thor, who she supposed was technically the oldest Avenger in terms of age, as he slid a cup of coffee toward her. She faintly smiled at him and accepted the caffeinated beverage. She'd always appreciated that Thor managed to remember how she liked her coffee.

  "Thanks," she told through a yawn. After taking a sip of it, Riley mentioned, "I guess your farewell party was kinda useless, right?"

  "It's alright, Valor," insisted Thor. Judging his tone of voice, Riley could tell he was still frustrated with what happened. "When this is all over, we'll have to throw another one. The celebrations we throw on Asgard are legendary compared to the way you humans do it. Nonetheless, all victories should end in revels, remember?"

  "I dunno," she lightly returned. "Steve nearly killed you for trying to give me a Beer last night. I doubt he'd want to have to do that again."