Chapter 28

So I guess this it it. This is the time in my life where I regret what I do and see him cry. I have to break up with Kian.

Honestly, I'm not prepared at all. I don't really want to do this, but if it makes Ricky happy, then yes, I will do this.

I have no plans either. The only one I do have is to just make random shit up, or just let it out. I will also have to do some serious reasoning if I have to.

Okay, here we go.

I walk outside and sit on the edge of the pool. I take a deep breath in.

"Kian I am so sorry about this, but we have to break it off. Don't even ask why. But at the party tonight, we have to pretend that we're still dating. If that's okay with you. I mean, the party is for us." I say to Kian, who just surfaced from the water to breathe.

"I understand. And I agree. It wouldn't be fair. So I guess this is hello to the friend zone once again." Kian lets out a little chuckle.

I laugh and mess his hair.

"Thanks for understanding buddy. Is Jc and Connor back yet?" I stand up and walk inside to find Ricky.

"Yeah they are!" Kian calls out to me.

I grab an apple when I pass the kitchen.

"Ricky!" I take a bite out of my apple.

He doesn't respond so I walk up the stairs and into Ricky's room. I open the door and Connor is standing there opposite Ricky, and handing him money.

"Uh... hey? What's all this about?" I ask, pointing between them.

The boys seem startled and Ricky hesitates to explain.

"Well, you see Paige... we sort of made a bet." Connor says.

"Sort of? And what was the bet about?" I ask, crossing my arms.

"You. It was to see who would date you first. Turns out it wasn't me." Connor tells me as he weakly smiles.

My jaw drops and I storm out of the room, pissed off.

"Wait, Paige! I need you to help me with the party!" Connor runs after me.

"Don't talk to me Connor! Ask one of the others. If I had the choice, I would've stayed with Kian, and I also wouldn't go to this stupid little party of yours!" I shout at Connor.

He walks away like a sad little dog. I feel kind of sad, but I can't believe Connor gave Ricky money because he lost a bet. A bet about me!

"I've made up my mind. I am going to be single. Yep! No boys." I say to myself, as I turn around and walk back up the stairs.

I make my way to Ricky's room once more and stick only my head in.

"Oh and Ricky? If you're just going to date me because of a fucking bet that you made, then don't worry about it. I thought you cared. I thought we had something. Obviously not." I slam the bedroom door and run into Jc's room.

I go out onto the balcony and climb up onto the roof. I lay there, watching as people set up for the party and occasionally staring at Kian but often making eye contact.

I sat there for a few hours, crying and also feeling like I am burning in the pits of Hell at the same time.