Unloved - Dean

Fumbling around the wardrobe that held many flannels of Dean, my hand met with a piece of cloth I had been looking for. It was an old flannel from Dean. It still had his scent all over it and I loved to sleep in it. I loved his smell, I held onto anything that smelled like him, even if it was faint.

"You look hot in it, Babe," Dean said as I came out of the shower wearing it, the only piece of clothing around my body.

His scent invaded my nose and his voice lingered in my mind. Quickly I put the shirt over my shoulders slipping my hands into the sleeves.

I walked into the little bathroom, searching for my sleeping pills. As I took the little bottle in my hands, I looked into the bathroom mirror.

A woman in her twenties with big, dark circles around her blue eyes and messy brown hair looked at me. A sigh escaped my pale lips as I re-entered my bedroom. God, I hate the way I look... 

I made my way to the stereo and pressed the play button. After a few seconds music began to play.

Carry on my wayward son,
there'll be peace when you are done
lay your weary head to rest,
don't you cry no more

A little forced smirk appeared on my lips as the music sounded through the room. How fitting this song was, was almost laughable.

Laying my exhausted body on the bed, I opened the box with the pills. My heart was beating hard in my chest as I took a handful of the pills in my hand.

With a deep breath, I swallowed all of them down. My head laid on the soft pillows as I closed my eyes. The music still playing in the background.

-The door to the bunker opened and Sam and Dean walked down the stairs. "Liv! We are back!" Dean shouted, awaiting his girlfriend to appear from somewhere, a grin on his lips.

But nothing. No movement, no voice calling for him. Just nothing. Dean looked up to his brother and they both took out their guns, making their way around the bunker to look for the woman, his smile disappearing in a flash.

As Dean heard Kansas playing in his shared bedroom, he kicked the door open. The gun fell down to the ground as he saw Liv laying there in bed. Her face paler than a ghost, not breathing and a box that held her pills in it.

"No! No! No!" he shouted over the music, running to the unmoving body. "Sam!" he screamed over his shoulder. "Sam! Come here!" Dean reacted quickly, picking his girlfriend up in his arms.

In the doorway stood Sam, gun still in hand. "Dean, what happened?!" he asked as he saw Liv laying in his brother's arms.

"Quick! Open the door for me. We have to drive her to a hospital!" without another word, the brothers left the bunker.

The roaring motor of the Impala sounded as Dean nearly broke the gas pedal of the car.

-I woke up in a hospital bed, the beating of the heart monitor annoying me to absolutely no end. Moaning I looked around the white room.

Dean sat on a chair beside you, asleep. Sam wasn't in the room.

"Dean?" I asked my voice a mere whisper. Dean immediately stirred at the sound of my voice. His green eyes locked onto my blue ones.

"Olivia, thank Chuck." He took my hand in his. He looked overly tired, more than usual and the guilt grew in the pit of my stomach.

"Oh, Baby Girl," Dean said, stroking his thumb over my hand. "What have you done?" tears streamed down my face as I saw how broken he was.

"Dean. I am so sorry." I cried out. "I couldn't take it anymore." Dean cupped my face in his free hand. His eyes also held some tears, it was a rare side to see Dean Winchester cry.

"I thought I lost you, as I saw you just lie there ." He kissed my forehead lovingly, as he caressed my hair.

"I love you, Olivia," Dean whispered into my ear, not letting go of me. A small smile made itself known on my face.

Maybe someday, I could manage to be happy once again. I was sure that Dean would never leave my side, ever.

"I love you, too Dean." I kissed him, tears still falling from my face.

"Carry on my wayward son." Dean started to sing lowly, making me smile a bit. "There'll be peace when you are done."

He whipped my tears away as he gave me one of his charming smiles. "Lay your weary head to rest."

He kissed my tear-stained cheek. "Don't you cry no more."