22

Dipper felt numb as he woke up. He didn't know how long he'd been out, and didn't think he really wanted to know. His head was pounding, but other than that, he couldn't feel anything. He couldn't remember anything, either. Actually, he couldn't remember anything that happened in the last few months. Nothing came to mind. He started to get nervous, until he began to hear voices.

"Is he alright?"

"I think so. He hasn't woken up yet, though."

"It's been two days. How many pills did he take?"

"The whole bottle."

"What? Why would he do that-"

"Jill, you're a demon of nature and health, both mentally and physically. How could you not tell that Mason is depressed?"

"I... I don't know." The voice sighed. "Now I feel like an idiot for yelling at him."

"I'm sure it's all okay. I'm sure he'll forgive you."

"Will he remember everything?"

"What do you mean?"

"Well, he did hit his head pretty hard."

"He'll be fine." There was silence for a moment. "You should go. You have your date with Mabel tonight."

"Are you sure? I can call it off-"

"No. Go."

The other voice sighed. "Alright. Let me know when he wakes up." Dipper heard the sound of a door closing.

Dipper started to gain feeling in his limbs as he felt someone take his hand. He felt a pair of soft lips, then a warm cheek placed on his palm.

"Mason... I don't know if you can hear me, but I need you to wake up. Please. It's been two days. I miss seeing your eyes." The person sniffed. "I'm not mad at you, I promise. I'm just really, really worried. I want you to be safe. I... I want to help you. Please, wake up."

Dipper fluttered his eyes open, then immediately closed them from the harsh light in his eyes. He winced, groaning slightly as he heard a gasp at his side. He heard footsteps and opened his eyes again, relieved that someone had shut the lights off.

"Mason..?"

Dipper tilted his head, and his breath hitched as he saw Bill's state. His hair was a mess, his clothes were wrinkled and dirty, and his eyes were bloodshot.

Bill laid on top of Dipper, holding him close. "Mason, thank God you're okay!"

Dipper shook his head as he began to cry. "I'm sorry..."

Bill pulled away. "No. Shush. It's alright. Don't apologize."

"Bill-"

"I mean it. Just shut up about it. I'm fine."

"No, you're not-"

"Mason. Listen to me. We're fine. We'll be okay."

"But I can't help to feel like... like this is all my fault, which it is."

"But it's not. If anything, it's mine. I was the one who decided to save my siblings. I left you alone. It's my fault."

"No, Bill, it's not-"

"Let's just shut up about it, okay?"

Dipper paused for a moment before nodding. "Okay."

The room was silent for a minute, until Bill took Dipper's hand and sighed. "I'm sorry for yelling at you like that."

Dipper gave a small, weak smile. "I deserved it."

Bill stared at him. "Don't make me start that up again."

"Okay, okay. I'll try not to talk bad about myself."

Bill stared at Dipper for a long time, and eventually leaned forward to kiss him. "I missed you, Mason."

"I missed you, too, Bill."

"Just promise me you'll never do something like that again."

Dipper nodded seriously. "I won't. I swear."

"Good. I believe you."

Dipper pulled at Bill's arm. "Come up here with me."

Bill smiled as he climbed into the bed next to Dipper. The two kissed for a while, until Dipper pushed Bill onto his back, climbing on top of him.

Bill pulled away. "Are you sure, Mason? You just woke up-"

"Do it. Please. I missed you. I want you."

Bill smirked. "Am I turning you into a slut?"

Dipper bit and pulled at Bill's bottom lip. "Your slut, maybe."

Bill grinned, trailing his hands under Dipper's shirt and slowly pulling it off. "I'm okay with that.