Chapter 1

You just arrived back to the Jedi Temple on Coruscant after a swift victory in defeating the Separatist army on the planet Mygeeto. That cold planet wanted to make you never see the light of day again, but you managed to make it out of there.

However, you did feel pretty good about this mission. It was probably the fastest mission you've ever completed, probably because the cold was literally biting your ass to get out of there. There was no way you could take on another mission in that freezing weather again. You were glad to be back in Coruscant--the Temple had always felt like home to you, well, except for a few times, or for a few people for that matter.

You pressed the hatch open to the cockpit of your Jedi starfighter and carefully hoisted yourself up out of your seat and out of the ship, and landed smoothly on to the hangar floor.

"Hey, welcome back!" You spun around and saw your blue Twi'leck friend, La'sara. Her alien lekku were tied back behind a red bandana that she wore tied onto her head that matched her red working uniform. She was once an avid Force user who didn't want to become a Jedi, who had used her building skills to be an astro-mech tech in the Jedi Temple.

"Hey!" you responded, and enveloped her into a warm hug. She was always here to welcome you back from a mission and you appreciated it thoroughly.

"How was the mission?"

"Oh, it went pretty well actually. It was probably the fastest victory I've ever achieved. Not that it matters, but I couldn't tell you how bad I wanted to get out of there."

"Really? How bad was it?" She asked while being handed a datapad from a coworker of hers.

You shrugged. "It wasn't too bad, I just couldn't stand the weather. My squadron and I were only there for two days. We couldn't finish the first day because a terrible blizzard had struck upon us and we had to camp out. "

Not only that, you had several men die from frostbite on the first night. You were lucky to make it of there alive.

"Oh jeez. Well, I'm sure the rest of the Temple will be glad to see you alive and well." She signed off on the datapad handed it back to her coworker.

You nodded thanks to her and hugged her once again before you left the hangar and had thought about what she said. You knew that the rest of the Temple didn't care if you were alive and well. No one had ever treated you right, except for Obi-Wan, who was probably the most sympathetic Jedi in this Temple--well, and Yoda of course, but you didn't talk to Yoda like that. Obi-Wan however, you had always liked him. He was wise, witty, caring, and constructive. The only downside to Obi-Wan was Anakin Skywalker--his ex-pupil. The Asshole of the Jedi Temple is what you liked to call him, but no-one knew that. At least, you hoped that no one knew that.

Ever since you were brought up in the Jedi Temple, Anakin Skywalker was everywhere around you. Not that it mattered, but what really mattered, was the fact that he had always gotten recognition or recognized by his superiors. He was always praised, even now. He comes back to the Temple and gets praised on his missions, while you do the exact same thing, and get no praise. Anakin was even made the poster-boy of the Clone Wars. He was Chancellor Palpatine's favorite too--everyone knew that. The only recognition you got was praise from your Jedi Master when you were a padawan, who now was dead, and from La'sara but she wasn't exactly your superior.

You envied him, you had to admit, but there was something about him that just made your gut shoot up into flames. Was it his arrogance? Possibly. His smugness? Possibly. Everything about him? Possibly.

You shook your head to bring those dreadful thoughts of Anakin out of your mind and focused on making your way to your quarters to get a good night's sleep.

But before you could turn to your room, you heard your name being called from a distance. You spun around in the direction your name was being called, and you saw Obi-Wan quickly walking up to you, with the man you didn't want to see at all, trailing behind him. They were like ducklings--always together.

"Hello Master Obi-Wan!" You greeted him, then looked to Anakin and nodded at him carelessly. "Anakin."

Anakin did the same to you with no expression on his face.

"Hello, how was your mission?" Obi-Wan asked as he folded his arms together. Anakin stood beside him unimpressed.

"It went pretty well, actually. Although I disliked the freezing cold. My men didn't like it either... Unfortunately on the first day we had a few men who died of frostbite, it was that cold. I feel lucky to be even standing here. "

"That's very unfortunate. I'm glad you're alive as well. The atmosphere of the Jedi Temple wouldn't be the same without you. " Obi-Wan reassures you with a warm smile.

You nod. "Thank you, Obi-Wan. If you excuse me, I'm going to retire to my quarters."

Obi-Wan nods. "Of course, if you need anything I'll be here for you. "

With that, Obi-Wan bows his head and leaves with Anakin still trailing behind him.

You groan as you walk inside your quarters, the steel door opened before you.

Your room was small and dorm-like, as every other room was. There was a small closet for all of your robes and Jedi necessities, a twin-sized bed lined up against the wall and a window with closed blinds. It was very minuscule, as Jedi weren't allowed to own possessions. You kept yours without the decorations--white and bare.

You kicked off your boots and set them aside from your bed and sat down in it.

You thought back to Anakin as he didn't say anything to you when Obi-Wan had stopped you earlier. The pure image of him made your gut twist. You hated each other, and that was a known fact. Anakin hated you because you couldn't tolerate him. Every time you've both tried to get along, you both would start arguing with one another. You could never get along. You felt bad for Obi-Wan as he was stuck in the middle of the both of you. He was Anakin's best friend, while he felt like a brother to you.

You groaned and rubbed your temples as you knew hating someone was against the Jedi Code and your superiors probably wouldn't be so proud of your thoughts. You got up out of your bed and changed out of your Jedi robes and slipped into your night robes. Maybe these angry thoughts would go away after you got some sleep.