Chapter Twenty : Baby Daddy Drama

i don't really have an excuse for not updating. i haven't really been in the best place in my life mentally and emotionally. im trying my best, but on top of all this madness, its hard to be okay with everything. i do apologize though and i don't want to make a promise for consistent updates knowing the unstable state i feel rn. i hope you guys understand. i do miss writing very much and school is practically over. pls excuse this mediocre chapter. 

+not edited+

Not only did I wake up with an aching body and a killer headache, but I was laying down on Jeff's chest. The sun was brightly shining through the blinds of the window, just barely missing my face. I tried my best to remember what happened last night but there was no recollection of it coming to my mind.

I tried to carefully get out the bed until Jeff tightens his grip around me. When I look up, his eyes are still closed but his breathing sped up by just a few seconds. "I know you're awake." I say just above a whisper as if there were other people in the room.

There's a smile that plays at his lips before he opens one eye. "Good morning Ellie." Sitting up from my position, I gently rub my eyes, ignoring the pounding headache and little dots I saw in my vision. He places his hand on top of my bare thigh, sending chills all throughout my body. "I didn't know that you were spending the night. In my bed to be exact."

"Well, you were very drunk last night and persistent on me staying. Now Todd is kinda pissed at me because I still have his car." You could tell he didn't care. The expression on his face showed that he was completely unbothered. "What happened last night." I say as I rub my temples.

Jeff remains quiet, putting a hand behind his head and rubbing the side of his face and chin. "If I tell you, you probably won't believe me." My eyes widen at him as he stares at me, expressionless. "Jeff, what did I do?"

I knew how I was drunk. So I would know if he was lying to make it seem like something more happened but I don't think he would allow for that to happen. "Well, you sort of danced and serenaded me."

My cheeks grew warm in embarrassment as I cover my face with my hands. Jeff chuckles before grabbing my wrist and pulling my hands down, "No need to worry, it was pretty hot." 

I roll my eyes at him before getting out of bed. It took me to realize that I was in different clothes. "I did it in the dark. Took me like 15 minutes." A smile appears on my face as I realize the amount of respect he has. 

He remains quiet as I rummage through my drawers to find some kind of medication. It took me about ten minutes until the door swings completely open. When I turn around, Nate stands there, not looking amused at all. I look him up and down in his usual attire, a blue polo with some khakis. His arms were crossed over his chest and it looked like he was biting the inside of his cheek. 

"Hope I wasn't intruding on anything." His tone was flat, not showing any emotions but his body language was saying everything. Jeff still laid in my bed, somewhat amused by his reaction and it seemed like he wanted to encourage it, "Yeah, kind of man. But I forgive you."

Nate rolled his eyes before walking in and sitting on the chair in the corner of the brightly lit room. My gaze darts back and forth between the two in my room. This felt so weird to see. And a little dirty. I shake my head at the thought before facing the man who is the father of my child, "What are you doing here Nate?" 

"We have plenty of things to discuss including the arrival of our daughter." 

Of course. Words cannot possibly describe how much I missed her but at the same time my one genuine fear was that she would not recognize me as her mom but its one of the many sacrifices I had to make when wanting to provide for my family.