Chapter 22 - Blue

"Be the sunshine of his life. Make him happy."

Isaac's words kept echoing inside Matt's head, ringing in his mind over and over again on his way back to his B&B. It had been a long while now, yet he was unable to get them out of his head. In fact, he felt that he should keep it in his mind like an important lifelong reminder.

Upon arriving at his room and seeing Ray, those words seemed to ring in his mind even more loudly. Walking quietly to the brunet who was sleeping soundly on the bed, Matt looked at him with a contemplative expression. He thought he had seen all of Ray, but now he realized that he was wrong. There was still so much more to this man, as well as many mysteries about him that were still left undiscovered. Ray, he was first the handsome customer who stole his heart on their very first meeting. He was the professor admired by all, and he was the loving and caring boyfriend anyone could wish for. He seemed perfect in every way, yet that fact was the very thing that masked his pain.

Gently brushing a part of Ray's fringe off his face, Matt looked at his eyes and caressed his cheek. Matt had always thought that his eyes were beautiful, but now he couldn't help looking at them in a different way.

Those deep blue eyes, how many times had they cried tears of sorrow? How had the world looked like through them? Matt wasn't sure what the answers to those questions were, but he was certain that they weren't something positive. This man, who was extremely affectionate, he had once regarded true love as something imposssible. He had even given up on it and had sworn that he would never think of it ever again. Such past and thoughts, they had wholly been covered by his calmness and collected nature. This further explained why he was so wretched when he thought Matt didn't love him back—he thought that his life had once again mocked him, making him suffer in dissapointment.

Ray, what else don't I know about you?

Matt greatly wanted to find out himself, but he figured that it was probably still too soon. Ray's heart was in the process of healing, so it was still fragile and sensitive. He needed some time before he could be ready to tell Matt everything, and the latter was okay with it. He gave his partner a kiss on the forehead, promising that he would patiently wait for him no matter how long it would take. But even if he never told him, he wouldn't even be mad. All he cared was that Ray could be happy, just like his best friend had hoped.

__________

Ray's eyes fluttered open as he woke up from his slumber. He let out a small mumble, rubbing his eyes as he looked around. Even though his head was somewhat fuzzy, he could still remember that he had gone out for dinner with Isaac, so it surprised him a little that he was here in his room. Thinking that Matt must have taken him back here, he let out a small chuckle, feeling embarrassed that he had seriously gotten worked up over the fact that he was teased for his low alcohol tolerance.

Speaking of Matt, where is he?

Sitting up, he glanced over the glass door on his left and immediately got his answer. There Matt was, gazing at the ocean as he leaned over the balcony railing. He was about to call out his boyfriend's name, but no word came out of his mouth. He found himself unable to talk. There was something about Matt right now that made him stunned, afraid that he would ruin the enchanting scene in front of him. The sun had begun to set, slowly hiding itself behind the horizon and painting the sky with a vibrant shade of red and orange. The sunlight made the ocean's water sparkle and gave Matt a magnificent glow. In front of his very eyes was a scene that was as striking as a masterpiece, with Matt being the center of it.