{1} Never Again

Leaving home was the best and worst decision the boy had ever made. There was nothing to do in the small town that he grew up in. Everyone else had moved on to University or had gotten jobs. But Harry wasn't like the rest of them. Education wasn't his number one priority, or getting a job and being tied down to one place.

He was adventurous and had big dreams that home just couldn't accommodate. So, he done the one thing that he could. He packed up his bags one night and left. A simple note stating that he couldn't stand his current life, that there were bigger things out there for him. And that he was safe and he'd be home some day.

Leaving it all behind was the scariest thing he had ever done. As well as the most heartbreaking. New York was the fresh start he had craved for years. The bright lights and millions of opportunities. The city that never sleeps. Everything about it screamed Harry. So he took a jump and it had payed off.

Within 6 months he had finally acquired a life. A life that earned him money, caused him to make new friends, made him happy and most importantly made him forget about him.

His name was Simon. He was Harry's best friend, ever since they were kids they done everything together. Simon owed a lot to Harry. The most important being his happiness. Yet that was all shattered when Harry left. Simon had never left home. He wasn't spontaneous like his best friend. Well the boy had attended University for a few months before dropping out. He couldn't deal with the pressure and the pain of the blue eyed boys departure. He could still clearly remember the day he said he was leaving.

A knock on the door at 3am caused him to shoot up from his bed. His phone lighting up from his bedside table caused panic to surge threw his body. Quickly answering his phone a tired "Harry?" left his dry mouth. "Hey Si, could you let me in? We need to talk," The boy on the other end of the call replied. Simon's heart stopped.

"Y-yeah, I'll b-be down now!" he stuttered out before hanging up. Pulling on the pastel blue hoodie lying on his bedroom floor, he couldn't get the scent of strawberries and roses. His best friends favourite. He didn't even notice that it wasn't his hoodie. It was one of Harry's that the boy had long forgotten about.

But Simon couldn't think of that right now, his mind was busy racing with a hundred other thoughts. Had he done something to the shorter boy? Had the brunet figured out that the lanky blond liked him more than a friend. Simon was scared.

Rushing downstairs he had almost tripped on a pair of football boots his brother left on the bottom stepped. He cursed slightly as he felt the pain from his toe shoot through his foot. But now wasn't the time, he had bigger things to worry about. Hurrying to his front door he fumbled with the keys before unlocking the door and throwing it open.

Icy blue eyes might baby blue. Simon's breath got stuck in his throat as he stared into the baby blue ones. They reminded him of summer day and the ocean. 2 of his favourite things. "Hey," Harry grinned sheepishly looking at the taller boy. "So um-" the blond started off before Harry interrupted him. "I'm leaving". Simon was speechless. He had always known that Harry was destined for things that Simon nor the town they both so dearly loved could offer.

"I'm going to New York!" Harry grinned. "Fresh start?" Simon questioned with a small smile. New York was all the brunet had ever spoke about when they imagined their futures. Both had failed to mention to the other that they saw each other in their futures. And now wasn't the time to start admitting things

"I'm going to miss you Haz," the taller boy smiled sadly. "Come with me Si!" Harry exclaimed, outstretching his hand his voice full of glee. The excitement in his eyes caused butterflies to swarm Simon's stomach. "W-what?" the blond asked.

"Please Simon. Me and you against the world!" Harry grinned hopefully. Simon looked up at the night sky. Harry and Simon against the world. Simon and Harry against the world. The boy could feel the tears welling in his eyes.

Everything he done was for Harry. He knew that if he took hold of the brunets hand he would get that happily ever after he had always dreamed off. But he also knew that if he took his hand he would hold the adventurous boy back. He couldn't do it.

I can't Harry," he sighed finally looking down at the shorter boy. Harry smiled sadly dropping his hand. He had been expecting that answer. Simon was always the follower. No matter where Harry went, Simon was behind him. It's just this time, things where different.

"You're not going to ask me to stay?" Harry asked his voice cracking trying to stop the tears from falling down his face.

Simon sucked in his breath, the words ringing in his ears. He could hear the strain in his voice as he sadly answered "You'd still leave"

And Harry did leave. The regret he had carried for months over leaving the one person he had really loved. "His first love" as his friends knew the boy.

8 months later to the day Harry left, Simon found himself nervously standing in front of an apartment block in Chelsea New York. Simon had realized that home wasn't really home. He was always convinced that he loved the small town that he called home because it's where he grew up. Where everything good had happened to him.

Yet he was wrong and quick to correct himself. Harry had always been there when anything happened. He had grown up with Harry. The town wasn't home. Harry was home and Simon was finally home.

Looking around the street as his heart race increased he smiled brightly. Everything about the location screamed Harry to him. Nature was everywhere he looked. Especially the High line. The Chelsea market to shop in and most importantly the Art. Over 20 art galleries where in the district.

Harry loved art and to Simon he was art. It only made sense that he lived in the "art center" for the city.

A door opening quickly broke him from his trance. "Si?" The familiar voice asked. The blond couldn't help the smile that made its way onto his face when he looked up. His eyes meeting the ones that made Summer days feel closer. "You came," the brunet smiled taking a step down the stairs.

"I realized that I forgot to give you something before I left," the blond admitted sheepishly grabbing the piece of fabric that was in his hand. The pastel blue colour caused Harry to look down a blush running to his cheeks as a chuckled escaped his lips.

"You wouldn't believe how long I spent searching my room for that before I left. When I got to your house I realized where I had left it," he smiled taking another step.

"I'm sorry for not going with you. I was scared to leave home. But if I'm being honest Haz, home is with you," Simon said scared for the boys reaction. He didn't get one. Instead he was met with Harry throwing himself down the last few steps into Simon's arms. "I'm sorry for leaving you!" Harry sighed before the taller boy placed his lips on the brunets.

And that simple kiss took him back. It took him back to his teenage years. The years he spent dreaming of his future. The nights spent drinking with friends. The long nights spent talking to Simon about what was on his mind. The years he spent scared of who he was. But with Simon by his side anything seemed possible. And he was right.

Simon was Harry's home. Just as he was Simon's. Pulling back both boys were breathless. "Stay this time?" Simon asked once he had regained his posture. "I'm never leaving you again. Anywhere you go I will be behind you. Never again will I leave you!" Harry grinned looking into Simon's eyes.

And for the first time in 8 months, both boys were happy. Happier then they could ever described. Everything in life was finally right. And both boys planned to keep it like that

Hi so Umm yeah! Here's my first story.
Fun fact, I actually wrote this for my English Cba but never ended up using so. It was just sitting in my documents on my computer so I decided to use it!

I really hope that you guys enjoyed! I'm also extremely sorry for any grammar mistakes (It's 1am and I'm dying to go to sleep)

If you have any ideas feel free to leave a comment or private message me!

💛💛