Interlude Phase: A Sharp-Dressed Man (L&D)

"So, what brings you out there to the balcony?"  Liam combed through his memories, wondering if he'd heard, eaten, or drank anything that could compare to the smoothness of Dominic's voice.  It was just so calming, so relaxing - oh, and sexy as fuck.  Seriously, though, how could he find another guy's voice sexy as fuck?  "Other than getting some air, as I said previously?"

"Uh, you pretty much hit the nail on the head," Liam stumbled over word after word.  He was definitely not smooth.  "It was getting a little warm out there, so, I thought I'd get a breather."

"Ah.  Makes sense."  There might have been four or five inches between them, yet Liam felt like he was up close and person - and very enticing.  ...the hell?  "Are you enjoying the milonga tonight?"

"I - guess?"

"You guess?"  Dominic raised an eyebrow, smiling an amused smile.  Liam swallowed hard, painfully aware of the 100-meter dash his heart decided to take on.  Was this man so smooth that he could make even a male's heart race?  Was he the kind of man that was admired for being suave around other man?  That had to be it, yet deep inside, Liam knew there was a more accurate explanation for this hysteria.  "You mean you don't know?"

"Well, yeah, I know, but, I'm not sure."  Yeah, that made so much sense.  Liam shifted from side to side, hoping the stranger wouldn't pick up on his nervousness.  "I guess it would be more fun if I knew how to dance the Tango."

"You mean you came to a milonga without knowing how to dance the tango?"  Dominic shot him a look of mock horror.  "Ay, Que Pena!  That's not good at all."

"Tell me about it."  Liam smiled, embarrassed.  Embarrassed?  He was just a stranger, and it wasn't like he was trying to impress him.  Why the hell should it matter if he couldn't dance the ocho-step to save his life?  Neither could his date!  "I'm not cut out for this stuff apparently."

"Now, that I don't believe."  Dominic gave him a sultry grin that could have eased the boxers off of any man, let alone the dress of a woman.  This...this was dangerous.  He was dangerous.  So why was he remaining still.  "I admit, the tango is difficult to master, but it's not so complex that the basics are impossible to learn."

"Maybe so, but I don't think I'll be taking the time to learn the basics after tonight.  After all, I only came here because my date wanted me to."  The minute the words flew out of his mouth, Liam felt he'd said something so foul, Randouche wouldn't hesitate to high-five him for it.  "Ah, well..."

"Hm - here to impress a lady.  Not at all surprised."  He maybe he sounded pleasant, but there was something dark and icy about his tone.  Liam mentally shook it off, not wanting to pursue it.  This conversation makes no sense whatsover.  "After all, that's usually what gets us to do stuff we'd normally never do, right?"

"Right."  Liam relaxed a little bit, finding it easy to chat it up him.  "Are you here to impress a lady to?"

Dominic chuckled, the deep rumble of his voice making all of Liam's hairs stand on end.  "I am, but not for the reasons one might assume.  I was one of the performers tonight.  You might have seen me dancing with mi loba."

"Huh?"  Liam hesitated before giving the Dominic the once-over.  He told himself over and over again to keep calm and just take inventory of his outfit, even though that well-tailored black suit, that red shirt like silk, and that fedora didn't make it easy.  Dominic was dressed as devilishly as he looked...His eyes flashed with recognition.  "Oh, wait a minute!  Weren't you the one dancing with What's-Her-Name...er, you know, the angel chick?  You were the devil."

"Yes, that was me."  Dominic smiled, obviously happy to be recognized.  Liam felt his heart ache slightly.  How come Marnie doesn't smile for me like that.  "I was the devil, and my dear Georgia was the angel."