The Supremacy of Dreams:Part 4

CHAPTER FOUR

**************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

                    It came around to be about five o'clock. Jimmy and my mom were already home. I didn't really feel like letting my mom know Ryan was spending the night. I had set down a sleeping bag, pillow, and blanket on the right side of my bed for Ryan to sleep on. Him and I were brushing our teeth. He was using one of the many spare toothbrushes we had for guests that didn't bring one. I was definitely in a way better mood than what I was that day. That was the magic of Ryan Aldice.

                    When we were in my room, I realized he didn't have anything to wear to bed. "Want me to get you a pair of my basketball shorts to wear?" I offered. He shook his head and stripped down to his boxers. I'd seen him in just his boxers many times because him and I and Andrea would always have sleepovers at either her house or Ryan's.

                     I went to the bathroom and put on a pair of black basketball shorts that went down to my knees and a white stretch tank top. I walked back into my room and Ryan was on my balcony. I walked over to him and poked his shoulder blades with my two pointer fingers, attempting to make him jump. "I know it's you." He said as he turned around. I sighed jokingly.

                    "So, you're really going to be leaving, huh?" Ryan asked sadly, looking out over the forest.

                    "Yeah, I am."

                    "Where are you moving to?"

                    "Los Angeles." I replied with a fake smile.

                    "Ohhhh! Don't you hate that place?"

                    "You have no Idea."

                    After our conversation on the balcony, Ryan and I were already half asleep by midnight. My dream had switched, finally.

                     It was just me, on a beach. The waves we crashing on the shore. Black clouds hid the blue sky that tried so hard to break through. Voices were whispering from every angle and direction. It was hard to make out what they were saying. Random ghosts hovered over the ocean layed out in front of me. My body was covered in goose bumps. I was standing there in bikini bottoms and a wetsuit top. My feet made imprints in the sand every inch I moved. Nightmare? I didn't know. Real life? Yes. California? No doubt about it.

                     I sat up slowly, not being able to fall back asleep. It was almost pitch black in my room except for the gleam of moonlight shining through a crack in the shades over my doors. I looked down at Ryan and he was sleeping soundly on his stomach. The only sound that filled my room was his light breathing, and my uneven breathing.

                   I got out from under my covers and walked over to my doors. I spread the curtain just slightly and peeked through. It was peaceful. Quiet. It was hard for me to think I was going to be leaving Seattle.

                   "Nicki?" Ryan asked in a raspy voice.

                   "I couldn't sleep. Don't worry 'bout it." I replied looking at him. He nodded his head and flopped back on his pillow, zonked out.

**************************************************************************************************************************************************************************