Chapter 40

Libra never cried.

At least, that's what everyone thinks.

Even if she did, it was so rare that not even those who are closest to her knew about it.

She was believed to be the perfect one, after all.

So when Ophiuchus found her sitting by the Ravine of Gloom, silently weeping, all he could do was stare. Eventually he got tired and unsatisfied of just standing there, not being able to do anything while she wept her heart out and broke down in quiet sobs.

Not even Libra's own powers could calm her down and give her a peace of mind.

"Penny for your thoughtsss~?" Said a quiet and deep voice from beside her. She immediately went quiet and looked to her side where a small and scaly green snake was looking up at her with glowing eyes.

"W-what?" She said, wiping her tears and trying to act like they weren't there. "It's nothing, don't worry about it."

"Well that'sss sss-certainly not the case, dear." The snake replied, climbing his way up her right arm to wrap around the blonde's shoulders. "I know a sssad ssstar when I sssee one."

Libra sighed. "I...I don't wanna bother you."

The snake went silent and crawled down, morphing into his original form and sitting beside Libra. "Sweetheart, you're not bothering anyone. I'm happy to lend an ear."

Eyes casted downwards, Libra tucked a strand of golden blonde hair behind her ear and began to say in a small voice, "It's about Aqua."

Ophiuchus arched an eyebrow. "The water bearer?" He asked, making her nod meekly.

"Aquarius and I, we may have gotten into...a fight." Libra admitted, playing with her hair.

"...why?"

Libra's frown deepened. "I don't know. My powers...they didn't work when they were supposed to—when I needed them the most! We could've had a civil conversation and settled it like normal, b-but we didn't, and I may have ended up destroying our friendship!"

Ophiuchus felt sympathy for the girl. "What were you fighting about?"

She hugged her knees close to her chest, feeling tears well up in her eyes once again. "I-I don't want to say..."

"Trust me doll, it will make you feel better to tell someone about it."

Libra sighed. She really didn't want to tell Ophiuchus—or anyone for that matter—about what happened between her and Aquarius. She felt wrong, bothered, and pained about the whole ordeal. To anyone else this was normal, especially those who often get affected by stars with negative abilities (namely Aries).

But this was on a whole new level. If Libra didn't have a duty to upload as a Zodiac, she would jump into this ravine right here, right now, anything to rid herself of this excruciating pain that is her guilt for having these feelings.

On the other hand, she was always one to listen to everyone else when they had their own problems to complain about. Maybe it would be nice if she was the one being listened to and given advice.

"Ophiuchus?" She called softly, earning a hum of acknowledgement from the taller male. "I think..."

Ophiuchus met her teary eyes as she turned towards him.

"I think I love her."

=====

They didn't want to disrupt the peacefulness of this dream.