Chapter 8

The music room!

It has always been a sacred place in boarding schools. It's a comfortable box where I no longer hear the noises of the outside world. 

What will be the wall color in this new place? Ordinarily, it's red with some matching armchairs. Red as the blood flowing in our veins.

I'm a little disoriented, but I have a detailed plan. I'm not too far away. 

Suddenly, I stop.

I perceive the faint sound of a violin and listen with passion: "Giuseppe Tartini, the violin sonata in G minor, also known as the Devil's Sonata." 

Legend says the composer had a dream in which he concluded a pact with the devil himself. Then, he heard a beautiful piece of music, and it took his breath away.

This music score is hard, and I make so many mistakes when I try it.

Clumsy! I would need several lives to learn.

The violin still resounds when I slowly open the door. The sound is enchanting, and the artist's mastery is exceptional, as if he has been playing for a hundred years, maybe more. 

I close my eyes, so the notes gallop like a horse. 

They're alive.

Suddenly, the music ends.

I'm crying. 

I want to see the magician and ask his forgiveness for my unbearable intrusion. I dream of hearing this wonderful music again, going back to the border between heaven and hell, suffering martyrdom, or screaming with joy.

Romeo! You're the magician.

I'm looking at you as I did the first time, and you allow me to stare at you impudently. I could die for you, Romeo Danesti. 

You're a genius, a virtuoso.

I'm left speechless.

I should applaud with passion, jump with both feet, throw my bra or panties at you like a groupie.

Let's avoid the panties.

Fortunately, you're the one who's talking, "I'm done! Now, the place is yours."

No! Don't go.

My devastated face at the thought of your departure makes you smile. My little heart beats so strongly for you.

Why is this here? 

Desire!

You carefully put away your violin and come closer to me.

Closer!

I appreciate your breath on my skin, your lips on mine, the taste of your tongue.

Romeo! You're both frozen and so hot.

Your hands are demanding, mine too. Your shoulders, your stomach, the warmth of my chest, the prettiest curves of my buttocks, everything's touched, everything's furiously mixed. You seem amazed in front of this little woman who sticks so hard against you. 

But it all stops abruptly.

Your golden eyes are watching me, some regrets, perhaps. Now, a piece of sky is crossed by the dazzling sun.

Do you see the promise? I belong to you forever.

You're still smiling because prey can wait. You will savor her later.

What's the hurry?

However, you admire that pretty little vein, beating tenderly under my skin, right between my two breasts. You have a hard time controlling yourself after all, and blood-red armchairs voluptuously offer their cushions, their armrests. The sofa in the corner will be perfect.

You already know she's beautiful. 

You watched her that nice day when you were perched on the rooftops, next to her wide-open window. That pretty girl has looked at you so much with her eyes in love. 

Finally, that's the moment. 

I can't wait!

I saw the sofa in the corner, and Cass gave me many sexy bras. So, I'm wearing a beautiful one.

No doubt! I will lose my fucking virginity.

Gazing at me passionately, you want to be gallant and reach out.

Like the first day!

Emotions are dragging me into the abyss of my hormones.

A dark castle with towers erected like your manhood, walls of wood and stone.

Standing, a black-haired child plays the violin. I don't know the melody, but the violin's sound is sweet. A woman sits beside the child, and she has light eyes with long blond hair.

Something draws me further away, out of the strange castle.

A fire!

No!

That's more like a pyre, and a creature will burn alive.

Her long blond hair hides her face. The fire crackles all around her. In a final effort, she straightens, then her body vainly tries to escape the flames already licking her legs.

I can see her better. 

She's gorgeous. 

I shudder to think it might be the woman from the castle.

She screams in pain!

Now, her eyes are as red as the surrounding embers, but it's the same beautiful face. She screams one last time. Her mouth has twisted into a horrible grimace, and sharp teeth want to defend her desperately. 

They aren't human.

They look like the fangs of an animal, a dangerous predator.

And the fire consumes her.

It's over! 

Some voices are raised among the crowd who witnessed this terrible spectacle. 

I hear a name: 

Mary!

Also, words full of hatred or fear: 

"This demon is dead and will never again devour our children."

Then, many yells of joy: 

"Mary Dobra Danesti is no more. The devil has taken her away forever." 

***

Nemanja Radulovic is a Franco-Serbian violinist. 

First, he plays Devil's Sonata. 

Then he plays Bach.

Many musicians believe Bach's music expresses the essence of humanity. It brings together opposites, light and shadow, solitude and communion, joy, and deep sadness.