'Can I take you to brunch?'

The smoke cleared after a moment- a moment filled with bitter rage directed at the skeleton still holding your arm. You couldn't speak, let alone look at him- heck, you were probably going to be put through this and still have your freedom being dangled over your head. You swiped your arm away from him wordlessly, stalking towards the tall Victorian-styled building before you were stopped by a gentle grip on the arm. You didn't look back as you threw it off in disgust, striding off before you were gripped again. What was his deal-?!

You turned, eyes narrowed at the skeleton whose sockets were down-cast: "Doll, I'm sorr-" "Save your apologies for someone that actually wants to hear them Sans, because I certainly tire of them." You brushed off, prying your arm away as you set off the building. He watched your retreating figure, your words a spurn in his side as he turned away, tipping his fedora as he puffed away in crimson plumes.

You made it to the set of glass doors, your hand lingering at the iron handles before you peered back almost guiltily where you strangely hoped to still see Sans. But..... he was gone. You shook your head at your own pitiful hopes: Just when you thought he was decent. No, he couldn't even spare you- no, grace you with his past-! No- you were just some- some common one night whore to him that he wanted to ship off to Canada and move onto the next Sally!! With that in mind, your face set in frown as you marched through the doors.

The reception lobby was as grand as the Ritz itself, polished marble floors, gleaming crystal chandelier, gold-gilded colonnades- "Ah, dear, sweet (y/n) has arrived-! I knew you wouldn't disappoint me...!" A low voice called from 'cross the lobby before you could overwhelm yourself with the luxurious surroundings. You turned, Papyrus vested in red and black pinstripe crossing the distance between you seamlessly.

He bowed slightly, your hand in his before he rose, linking your arm in his as he stooped down to the shell of your ear: "You look absolutely extraordinary. Something my brother no-doubtedly forgot to relay to you..." he sneered as you both swept towards the copper-latticed elevator. "I would rather not talk about your brother at this point in time- he's grown to be a rather irritating subject." You answered bluntly once you were inside the cage. Papyrus pressed the button with nothing but a smirk, the doors sliding shut on you both.

"How wonderful."

You were seated across from Papyrus on the rooftop terrace under the shade of the table's parasol, your gaze going over boxed ivy that wrapped around the wrought-iron fencing lazily. "Do you drink dear?" Papyrus asked, bringing your attention back to him, perusing the drinks menu. "No." You confessed; "Do you?" Your eyes widened before slapping your forehead at your stupid question.

Of course they could! You'd seen Sans down the mustard at breakfast the other morning! He raised a socket in your direction, amused before chuckling: "I occasionally indulge in red wine, but that's besides the point of what we're here to discuss. I understand you're a waitress, yes? How did you come to meet my odious brother?" He asked, setting the menu aside. You bristled: "And I understand you have beef with Sans." You retorted, arm folded; "May I ask why?"

Papyrus' grin widened jaggedly.

"What a woman you are!" He laughed. "The quick to sharpen my brother's dull-! I wonder what little quarrel you lovers had after our little 'chat'?" He chuckled. You frowned. "I don't think that's any of your business- and we're not—!" "I'm well aware," He stopped you, grin wide as he laced his phalanges under his chin. "I think we could figure out an arrangement between us.... Perhaps we can answer each other's questions to begin. Please, ladies first." He gestured to you before you huffed. "Look, imma tell ya what I tell everybody, he came into work one day and beat my boss for some 'fees', 'tax'- whatever ya wanna call it-" "Was that establishment perhaps owned by a Mr. Grillby perchance? From my understanding he was your employer. Correct?" You were silent: "He was, yes." "Before you were taken?" Papyrus pressed on. You weren't having any of it. "You haven't answered your question yet, that doesn't seem exactly fair."

Papyrus leaned back, almost pleasantly: "Very well, Sans, along with Gaster took away something important to me years ago- something we were sworn to protect. He seems to be protecting other things better since then." He leered. You scoffed: "I know what you're implying- just because I'm a waitress doesn't mean I'm stupid- Sans holds no value in me, he couldn't care less..." He then chuckled at this, a dead sound that put your nerves on end.

"Then why is he here with you as we speak?"

Your breath caught in your throat: Sans was here? That big- tub of bones was actually here? You didn't know wether you wanted to kick him or be relieved. "How are you so sure?" You breathed finally, nervous as Papyrus leaned forwards, cupping your (s/t) cheeks that were quickly heating as he closed the distance between you- A sudden shout from the rustling bushes caused Papyrus to shoot his hand out in sweeping motion just as his breath ghosted your lips.

"You're too easy brother...."

CRACK!

Your head whipped to see Sans on his knees, impaled by a large, needle-like bone through the ribs. "So worried I was going to defile what you already did, weren't you?" Papyrus' hand jutted outward as he stood, causing the bone to drive deeper- Sans letting out a yell of pain as Papyrus crossed over to him, your hands flying to your mouth. "You shouldn't have let her come to me if you were that afraid.... not that I blame her though-"

His hand twisted, slowly; "You would've sullied her like so many before- I'm actually surprised you haven't already." "No, he has-" You stood as you joined Papyrus' side, arms folded as you swung your hip to one side, unimpressed with the skeleton before you. Sans looked up at you almost pleadingly, your stare remaining cold and level as Papyrus drew the bone deeper with every scathing word.

"See? Nothing but a selfish, brutish pig! You're only selfless when it suits you- when you have something to gain..." you nodded in agreement. "-you're pathetic. A shell really- a husk of the monster you once were. The monster I was proud to fight alongside- that I was proud of growing up with- you're nothing now-!! Just weak, cheap, whore-piling mobste-!!" Woah. You tapped Papyrus' shoulder gently with a smile before—

CRACK-!!

Papyrus recoiled from the punch you landed across his cracked cheekbone, colliding with the roof's floor. The bone disappeared from Sans' ribcage, dust spilling out of the wound-hole as he doubled over before peering up as you towered over Papyrus' form. 

(A.N: Wanted a lil' badass moment for all of ya'll! X3 )

"Sans may be a jerk, cause that's all I've ever known him to be, he may be nothing but the most low-life brawling bully I've ever seen- and yes, he is a selfish pig- but he's saved my life..." you paused, eyes shifting. "-after endangering it, but the point is there's good in him! It just needs nurturing! I don't know what he did to upset you and deserve this- but believe me- there is no need for him to die. It's not deserved, not like this at least.. Thank you for brunch Mr. Papyrus." You thanked before turning on your heel and walking towards the skeleton before you.

"C'mon, you can stand." You said before simply picking his arm up, putting it over yours. "Let's go home." You spoke, not glancing at him. No words were uttered as he did as you asked, smoke surrounding you both...

Though his gratitude was definitely felt.

(A.N: Here we are as promised! Lemme know what you thought! Part 14 is on the way so stay tuned! Love you guys and thank you so much for reading! See you in the next chapter! Love: MissHoll-E-Socks <3 )