Second Chance - Chapter 1

• Dedicated to Tommy

Ring ring!! The sound of Ciara's hand phone was reverberating away.Ciara jolted up from her bed , suddenly awaken by the sound of her phone. She fumbled around her side table and found the phone just in time to pick it up. Instantaneously she heard a sharp panicky sound from the other end, Kelly was screaming at the top of her voice and questioning Ciara why she took so long to answer. Ciara said she felt sick and went to take a nap. The memories of what Dr Brett Dorsan said came flooding back to Kelly's mind. Ciara's parents have both died in a car accident and her only brother was so devastated that he went insane. Her only closest thing was Kelly her best friend. Ciara has just learned from her doctor a couple of days ago that she has been diagnosed with stage 2 cancer. She was grateful that Kelly was with her that day otherwise she would have collapsed upon hearing the news.

Kelly was checking on Ciara's condition. Ciara has insisted on going to the costume party which was two days from now. She knew that she wasn't in a good condition to go but she didn't want to miss out on the Halloween party this year.

Kelly reprimanded Ciara for her stubbornness. Ciara was so pissed that she rebuked why must you rain on my parade and be a piss to my bonfire.

Ciara broke down and tears kept pouring profusely down her cheeks. I am sorry , I am just concerned about you said Kelly.

Sigh Kelly, alright we will go to the Halloween party together. Ciara whispered a thank you through the phone.