Your Venom - Chapter Thirty One

Start from the beginning

"I'm getting out of here" he says and I shoot over to him, pushing my arms against his chest to stop him leaving.

"Please don't go. Seth, we need to talk about this. I love you, don't leave me please!" I sob.

"I need to talk to Logan" he says in an emotionless tone.

"No! No, please, this is between us. Nobody else matters, we need to sort this, nobody else, please stay and talk with me!" I beg but he walks around me.

"I'll be right back" he says as he shoots off into the distance.

I fall to the ground, crying so bad I can barely breathe, so bad I can't stand or walk. I manage to crawl into the warehouse, getting into my sleeping bag and curling into a ball, rocking back and forth. "Seth!" I say, hoping he'll hear and come back, hoping he'll forgive me.

'Loved'. He said 'loved'. Where does that leave us? Will he forgive me? Will he finish with me? Did he mean what he said or was he just angry? I don't know.

* * * * *

Hours pass and I wonder where Seth is, wanting him to come and speak to me, tell me he didn't mean to say 'loved' and that he wants to work through this, that he loves me enough to work through this. I hear footsteps approaching and put my head up, only to find Dustin, Meadow, Red and Logan coming back from hunting.

"Where's Seth?" I ask Logan, standing up and walking over to them.

"He's not with you?" Red asks and I shake my head.

"He went looking for Logan" I murmur, worrying striking me as I stare out the door.

"Why?" Logan asks.

"Have you been crying, Lexie?" Meadow asks suddenly and I stare at Logan.

"Why do you think?" I say bitterly to him and his eyes widen.

"You told him?!" he shrieks.

"He was going to come beat the crap out of you if I didn't tell him" I snap.

"Why the hell did you tell? You couldn't come up with an excuse?" he asks.

"I did and he didn't believe me! You think I wanted to tell him?!"

"No, but seriously, you just told him? For goodness sake, we agreed to keep it a secret!"

"I know but I couldn't help it! It was either let him beat you up and he gets told or I tell him and nobody gets hurt!"

"But he still came after me so he was going to hurt me!"

"What are you guys talking about?" Meadow asks.

"Why don't you tell them? Since this is all your fault!" I shout, kicking a box as I walk away angrily.

"I kissed Lexie last night. She ended it and shouted at me, but agreed not to tell Seth so nobody would get hurt" Logan admits and Meadow gasps.

"You twat, Logan" she says, shooting to my side and hugging me, something I didn't expect. "It's Ok, Lexie, I'm sure he'll be back soon"

"He's probably tracking our scent back as we speak" Dustin adds.

"He might be coming back but he's still going to hate me" I cry, fresh tears pouring down my face.

"He doesn't hate you" Meadow soothes.

"He doesn't love me anymore so he may as well hate me" I sob.

"I'm sure that's not true " Dustin says.

"He said it himself, he's not sure if he loves me any more. It's over. All thanks to you!" I scream, attacking Logan and pinning him to the ground, furious with him.