𝗪𝗜𝗖𝗞𝗘𝗗 𝗗𝗥𝗘𝗔𝗠𝗦

WICKED DREAMS: THE THEORY OF YOU

"Why do you like

Thunderstorms?"

Aeron asked her, Edda stared at the edge of Adalynne City, surrounded by hurricane waves.

"Because it shows that

Even nature needs to

Scream sometimes."

ˢᵘᵐᵐᵃʳʸ

𝕭𝖑𝖔𝖔𝖉 is running
and it will always
be by her hand.

Heroes were a bloody lie. A fantasy conjured by those who believed in hope, kids whose brains were washed with the idea that they had to be brave in the face of adversity, and only then would they be considered heroes. Zerena Vikander was one of those kids, her family fed her with lies such as "You're destined for great things." She was meant to be free. What they failed to tell her was that she was just a weapon, an empty vessel waiting to be filled with power. She was a property of the Inhuman's from the very instance of her birth.

Zerena grew up believing she was in charge of her destiny, such a tough and thriving young woman. Her determination was limitless, she proved over and over again how aggressive she could be when people stood in her way or denied her the chance to try. This momentum was what got her the title of Storm Bird, she became the first airwoman of the United States, Zerena Vikander had always defied the odds. She wasn't scared of showing who she was and what she was capable of doing, but her own aggressiveness was what led her to her grave.

Zerena believed she was a hero, a living legend, but once her body hit the ground and her Storm Bird lit up in flames, her name was forgotten. 

Erased.

Who was Zerena Vikander? An airwoman? Pfft, please, as if.

This is how heroes are remembered, in life, not in death. Once the person is erased from existence, it loses importance, becomes a distant memory, and is then forgotten. A crude and disappointing cycle, but this is what she gets for living in a fantasy and believing that once she passes away she will be remembered. But she wasn't.

Why? Because the world wasn't known for remembering kindness, it wasn't known for honoring those who lay down their lives for others or simply remembering a woman who accomplished so much more than men did. And now, here comes the catch. The ruthless? Those who kill without mercy? Yeah, those are remembered and feared.