052: departing missions

fifty two

fifty two . . . departing missions
( march 30, 2150 — second dawn bunker )

          EACH MEMBER OF Skaikru had been forced into the main room of the Second Dawn Bunker by the Grounders that had been chosen to survive for their clans

EACH MEMBER OF Skaikru had been forced into the main room of the Second Dawn Bunker by the Grounders that had been chosen to survive for their clans. It had been violent, and daunting to those who had been left by Octavia to decide who would survive — as the entire population of their people was displayed in front of them, Cullen could only think back to the same occurrence that happened in Mount Weather. It ended in the complete annihilation of each member of the Mountain Men, and Cullen couldn't bear to see the same thing happen to those who could not be given a guaranteed spot in the bunker.

Instead, she was allowed to go off with Kane and Abby and contact Raven over the radio instead of having to face their people and the angered confusion that was erupting throughout the main room. Much to Cullen's dismay, she hadn't learnt about Raven still being on Becca's Island until they were securely in the Second Dawn Bunker — Abby pinned it down to the fact she knew Cullen wouldn't be able to concentrate on the importance of the conclave if she knew Raven had been left on the island.

"Just hang in there. We're sending a team to get you today." Abby spoke into the radio, smiling sadly across to Cullen. The Vander female had been endlessly pacing the room, biting the skin around her thumb nail out of nervousness that they wouldn't reach Raven in time to get her safely back to the Second Dawn Bunker.

"You're sure about this?" Raven's voice questioned, haltering Cullen's footsteps.

"Yes. We need you not just for the hundreds of things we know you can fix, but for the thousands that we haven't even thought of yet."

There was a pause on Raven's side, before she was heard exhaling relievingly. "Thank you, Abby."

"I'm just glad you're all right." Said Abby.

"You'll be, too. My brain is healing. The seizures have stopped. When I get there, we use the same procedure on you. You'll be cured." Raven promised, curling a small, yet genuine, smile on Abby's lips.