t h i r t y e i g h t

____________

m o o n
n e c k l a c e

38

💫⭐️💫

____________

Chunhua stared at Jihoon, who was seconds away to falling to his death.

She inhales deeply before looking at him with a straight face, the look of worry washed away as her eyes went back to no emotion.

"Your father has arrived from his trip. He wants you to meet him in 20 minutes downstairs at the living room. With no disrepect, I would also advice you to get down from that height, sir. It is very dangerous and unnecessary. Oh, and I've asked the maids to prepare your clothes, it's in the wardrobe if you're ready to change."

With those words, she was gone.

Jihoon stared blankly as she was walking away. The sound of her black heels hitting the floor made him angry.

He didn't know why but he was disgusted. His father, the reason why he was there at the first place was there to meet him after all the pain he's caused him.

He clutched his fist in anger. He put the flower back inside his pocket and headed to his room, thoughts flying around his head.

One of the main thoughts is his actions. The way how his body just lead him to the balcony, his mind was empty that time. It was like he was being controlled by his own self.

He wiped his tears and looked down. His necklace.

It was flickering but he just noticed it now.

He held it in his hands and closed it tight, carefully trying not to break it.

Now that the realized it, why did he do that?

He was about to jump off feet away from his death. One step would lead to his death.

He knew one thing, even if Soonyoung wasn't there by his side he knew that he would want him to survive. He's sure that Soonyoung's trying to survive too.

"You're trying to survive too, right?"

🌙

He walked down the stairs. His hair tucked neatly back. The tux he was wearing gave him a new feeling, a feeling as if he was a new person.

In the distance, he saw a mirror reflecting himself back. One thing he noticed about his reflection was his eyes.

They were souless.

It was like Jihoon didn't know who he was looking at anymore.

He arrived at the living room, all eyes were on him.

Jihoon walked forward, his eyes only focusing on one thing and one thing only. It was the silhouette of his father standing next to a window.

He glared slightly as he felt Chunhua follow behind him. They stopped as they heard his father speak, his voice was tired as if he had just gotten from a fight.

"Jihoon, how are you my son?" He turned around, both of them meeting each other's gaze. His father had mean eyes. He didn't try to hide it, while Jihoon's eyes were a mask.

From the outside it looked as if he didn't really care. But on the inside, hate was spilling everywhere.

The man who killed his own wife, the man who kidnapped Jihoon's first love. The man was right in front of him.

He wanted to run away. He wanted to go out and go to the woods, as if pretending he no longer existed.

"Don't call me your son when you can barely act as a father." He said coldly. Jihoon seeked revenge. If other's weren't there, he was sure that he would fight him on. Hand on hand.

Dowon smiled bitterly, obviously faking it. The maids and butlers behind them started to shake as they noticed the way how his smile started to crook from the ends. "Dont be like that now. I know you miss me, Jihoon look, I'm sorry. So please forgive your old man-"

Dowon tried to hug Jihoon, but instead the son just slapped it away. His eyes burning with fury and disappointment.

"Stop this. I know you barely even remember anything about me, heck I don't think you know even my birthday. Stop thinking everything is alright because it's not. All of this happened because of you. This is all your fault, why Soonyoung's gone, why even mom isn't with us. So just stop faking all of this bexause I'm tired of your shi-"

He stopped. A painful slap was across the face that made him fall to his knees. The maid's and butlers all looked at each other before exiting the room. All that was left there was Chunhua and Jian who were watching from afar.

"Don't say those words to me. YOU DON'T HAVE THE RIGHT TO RAISE YOUR VOICE AT ME BECAUSE YOU'RE NOTHING! YOU'RE PATHETIC!" He screamed, looking down at Jihoon who just stood up, his red cheek looking painful as ever.

"No, I'm not pathetic. I will fucking fight. I'm not just some fucking piece of shit that you can just toss around. I'm sick and tired of it. Don't you have something better to do with your life?" Jihoon stood up, his voice echoing throughout the room.

Dowon stared at him weakly. Jihoon's cheek was rashing up and it looked like it was going to start to bleed in any second.

"Chunhua, take Jihoon to his room. Lock him until I say I can let him out. Understood?" Dowon stared behind Jihoon and looked at Chunhua who just gave back a nod. "Understood, sir."

Dowon walked out, Jian following right behind him, closing the door neatly before biding them farewell. He slightly glared at Chunhua as he left.

Jihoon fell to the ground, hurt.

Chunhua grabbed Jihoon and pulled him by his arm and lead him to his room, locking him.

She left his room, the feeling of instant regret hitting her.

"I'm so sorry, Ji."

❤️❤️❤️