23

Mari's POV

"I'm starting to hate this," Zammy snickered, her brows furrowing as the four of us walk on the hallway. Louise and Irish are with us and that made me feel even worse because out of every one of us, the two, including Dimitri are the once not used to so much attention. And now they have to experience this all because of the scandal that Z and I have been to.

My Mom and Dad's agency released a statement about it and requested that the media doesn't release reports about us,  especially those unconfirmed. Part of the reason is that we are not celebrities like them and some of us are actually still underaged.

"Sorry, I didn't know things will blow up like this," I whispered. I felt Irish's hand on my shoulder.

"It's not your fault. Dad said it's never our fault whenever news about us comes out," an understanding smile was showing on her face and made me feel at ease a little.

"Yeah, but these kids looking at us like we did something wrong makes me wanna punch someone in the face,"

The three of us laughed at what Zamara stated. 

"I'm actually confused about why there aren't any articles about Zamara yet. You know, about her hitting people,"

Irish giggled at what Louise said and I did the same. Zamara just smirked and flipped her hair.

"They're probably scared of my Dad,"

We all internally agreed at what she said. And I know part of the reason was that Ashton fixes everything even before it reaches Zammy's Dad. Not that Uncle Yoong's can't do anything about it. If not, Uncle Yoongi might even just let those reporters because he can't be bothered by it. And Zamara was raised like that so I doubt it would be affecting her that much.

Soon enough, the four of us part our ways to go to each of our classes. But I haven't even reached my room when two girls stood in front of me, blocking me of my way.

My eyes darted towards them. The first girl was as tall as I am, her stomach was showing and she has that big proud smile showing on her face. The other one was a little shorter and she's wearing an elegant dress, something that I can picture Louise will be wearing. 

I raised an eyebrow, not bothering to ask them a question.

I was half expecting them to go sassy on me but I was caught off-guard when one of the girls almost squealed especially after I gave them an awkward smile.

"Sorry," she tried fanning herself so she would calm down.

"We're sorry for coming at you like this. We don't wanna bother you but we like you so much. We're a huge fan! I especially like your sense of fashion and you look so cool and pretty! Can we take a picture?" the shorter girl asked. Her eyes were shining and my lips parted a little in shock.

But I was able to release a sigh of relief. For a moment, I thought I'd actually have to deal with bullies and all. Not that I normally deal with them because people tend to shy away from us but of course, not everyone likes our presence.

It took me a few seconds to recover but I did. I smiled at them and agreed to take a photo. Though it's kinda awkward because again,  I'm not a celebrity, to begin with.

Before they left, what the other girl said actually warm my heart.

"I always knew you and Z look good together. His eyes shine every time he looks at you and it's like he can't see anybody else except you, Marigold. We're rooting for you two!"

I was already walking to my next class, late at that but I felt better. At least now I know that not everyone hates us. And that there are people who wish us genuine happiness. That's all that matters.

"Big bad Marigold," I grimace at the sight of Y. Unlike last week, he's back to pester me. I'm not even sure what to feel about it but I'd rather let him annoy me to death than see the coldness in his eyes. I knew he was like that because I hurt his brother then. He may be playful but he cares for his twin a lot.

"Your breath stinks," I banter as I sat on a bench opposite his.  "Are those chocolates?" I didn't ask verbally, instead, I extended my hand expecting him to give me some. 

"Someone gave this to me. Go on,  eat them all," he laughed and I hissed.

We don't really eat those things that other people give us. It's not safe yet you actually feel sorry if you reject them so we actually have to dispose of it at home. We've been trained to do that after Latch was food poisoned when he was young.

"Where's my twin?" he asked. 

Atlantis arrived and I almost laughed at her state. Her brows were furrowed and she looked really pissed off.

"You look like you step on shit," Y was laughing and I laughed out loud when Atlantis gave him a good glare.

"Woah, hold your horses, Lan, ge'ez," he looked taken aback too. Atlantis is a sweet little girl who doesn't get mad easily. So her acting like this is really serious.

"I have stupid classmates. They keep asking things about you and Z, and it's annoying because they were being disrespectful and all.  Are they expecting me to ask you two if you already have sex?" she gritted her teeth in anger and my lips formed an o-shape.

My cheeks burned in embarrassment. That was so direct, I wasn't expecting it.

"Tell them to ask Z about it," Y teased and I scoffed.

"Shut up, idiot. Z and I cuddle but we never did that stuff, okay? And please, that's so personal, oh my God!"

"It is!  And why do they have to know?"

She sounded so annoyed, somehow, I was touched to see how she actually cared and felt offended on our behalf.

I saw my phone beeping and saw a message from Z.

"Baby, where are you? Please tell me you're not with Zamara when it happened,"

"Huh?"

Before I can even respond, I saw Ashton running towards the Dean Office, again, in his corporate attire.

"Shit. What did Zamara do this time?" Y asked and we didn't have to ask because it's not even two seconds, all three of us received a call from our parents,  asking us to go home immediately.

Jesus,  what the hell happened?