Chapter 1

I trudge away from the walker corpses I had just killed. I hate living in this world the way it is now. It's not just the zombies, it's the people too. I'm convinced there are no good people left now that I lost my family.

I put my blade into my bag and carry on searching my way through the woods. I need to find a new camp because the store I had cleared out got overrun. My wrist still hurts from landing on it when I jumped out of the third story window onto the grass.

I'm just glad that the store I cleared out had some food and clothes. All the food I found is in my bag now. I didn't take any more clothes because the extra weight would slow me down. Now that I'm thinking about the food in my bag I get really hungry. I need to save my food for when I really need it.

I find a clearing in the woods. I know that would put me out in the open so I go to the last of the trees surrounding the clearing. I peer through the branches and see a prison. Not just any prison, this one has people in it.

Would if they will take me in? No I can't get attached to anymore people. Not after what happened. I decide to watch prison to see if they will be any threat to me. The tree beckons for me to climb up it. Once I reach the top I can see over the fences of the prison.

It starts to get dark and the people go inside. I've spotted a lot of people, at least a dozen. Since the sun is almost down I get out a piece of rope from my bag and tie my waist to the tree. I doze off to sleep wondering if I should talk to those people.

I wake up to the sound of foot steps and talking. The rope pulls my waist as I try to get up not realizing I'm still tied to the tree. My fingers fumble as they try and untie the knot I had tied last night. The footsteps start to get closer and the talking gets louder.

"I just don't believe you've shot a squirrel with a toothpick and rubber band slingshot, Daryl." Says a girl. I almost have the knot undone when 'Daryl' replies, "I have! Back when I was hunting with-" I dropped the rope and it landed right in front the group coming from the prison.

"Rick, you better come and see this." Says a lady as she pulls a sword from her behind her. A gruff looking man walks over here ready to shoot me. "Get down right now or I'll shoot."

I get up on the branch and grab my bag. My feet carefully guide the rest of me down the tree. Once I reach the ground Rick starts talking again, "Put down the bag." That has all of my weapons and food in it. Not to mention the only pictures of my family I have left.

"I said put the bag down." I've been staring at the ground this whole time but I look up at him. "Don't make us take it from you." He says. I can't just let them have the only things I have left. I run.

Shots ring out behind me as I sprint my way through the forest. People start closing in on me. I realize they've been chasing me in the direction of the prison. We are in the clearing again and I have people on all sides of me.

The next thing I know Rick tackles me. I try to squirm out from underneath him but he has a strong grip on my shoulders. My hands are still free so I dig my finger nails into his skin. He grabs the wrist that I fell on and a searing pain rushes through me as I scream in pain.

He rips the bag off my shoulder and throws it to some person off to the side. He gets off of me and keeps me in a strong hold. "This could've been a lot easier", says Rick as he makes some sort of eye contact with everyone as if they are having some meeting about what to do with me.

As everyone looks to Rick I look at each person. There is a girl with short brown hair standing next to an Asian boy, both holding guns. I see the person named Daryl and he has dark brown hair that almost covers his eyes. He is pointing his bow at me. The woman that Daryl was talking to earlier was next to him. She was darker skinned with dreadlocks. A long sword rested in her hands.

There's was one more person. He was a boy who looked either fourteen or fifteen. He wore a sheriff 's hat that covered his long dark hair. He was pretty cute even though he could probably kill me at any moment. The only thing off about him is that he hadn't pulled out his gun yet. Maybe he was too scared or maybe he just didn't want to shoot me.

"Don't you think she could be working for him?" Asks the Asian boy. "I mean she was sitting in a tree, she could be a spy?" Says the short haired girl standing next to him.

"Well she might, we can't take any chances. We'll take her in as a hostage until we know for sure." Says Rick as he holds up his fist to knock me out. "No!", screams the boy with the sheriff's hat as he grabs Ricks fist. "You don't need to hurt her!"

"Carl she could be working form the person that took Hershel, and Judith." Rick says. He had said Judith with a feeble voice. "We don't have to hurt her Dad!", says Carl in a panicked voice.

"I'm sorry Carl." Rick says. I here a scream and then everything goes black.

~Authors note~
I'm sorry it was such a short chapter but I thought it was a good stopping point. If you liked it please tell friends and comment! It really means a lot! This is my first story and I hope you guys like it!