06.

ᴠɪ

ᴠɪ. ᴅᴀʏ ᴡɪᴛʜ ʟᴀᴜʀᴇɴᴛ (1).

"And why are we going out?" I asked him.

There was no use denying that his sudden statement aroused my curiosity, causing me to spit a question that probably made me sound paranoid.

"Do I need a reason to go out with you?" He fired back, his sharp-tongue didn't fail to remind me of its mighty presence.

Does he need a reason to go out with me?

I pondered for a short moment, my mind skipping a few miles away from my head. Surely, there could be a lot of possible reasons as to why he would ask me out. And currently, I do not have the necessary evidence to conclude which one of them is correct.

All I know is that... He's quite suspicious.

Why? Because he had never asked me out before. Yes, I may not be one of those memorious people in the entire world but I can assure myself that this scenario haven't occured before.

“Woman,” He called out. “Just get dressed while I change your bedsheet.”

Automatically, my violet irides followed the direction of the single bed coated with its pristine white sheet, they sought for the dried, crimson fluid that tarnished the sheet's purity.

And thankfully, there was none.

“Y—You don't have to.” I stated. My larynx must have missed an important beat, causing me to stutter.

“You have the red alert, am I right?” He asked me in a nonchalant manner, it was as if we're just talking about the calm weather of this city.

My cheeks burnt in pure embarrassment, the pinkish color of nothing but embarrassment was splashed all over my cheeks– like a humiliating paint that defiled an untouched canvas.

“Yes! A—And how can you talk about that l—like it's nothing?” I questioned him.

“Isn't that normal for women?” He asked in a rhetorical-like manner, his gaze was like a sharp arrow that pierced through my head, disabling my mind from creating a response. “Just go get dressed.”

Without a single word, I trudged my way out of the room to organize myself.

-🕹️-

Are you ready?” Laurent asked as soon as I stepped out of the bathroom.

Conveniently, I had decided to place an extra closet inside my bathroom. Due to my morning difficulties, everything in my house seemed like a huge obstacle that would either cause me to trip or have a bruise marking my alabaster skin.

It wasn't pleasant.

“Yeah.” I responded while fixing the right sleeve of my black button-up shirt. For some reasons, the hem of the shirt only reached my waist, completely exposing my belly button.