ONE and ONLY? Chapter 3

Chapter 3

Eric and I had just sat down at an empty table when my idiot best friends jumped on Eric and started bombing him with questions.

"Guys!" I yelled at them, "Settle down, you're choking him!" I laughed at their guilty faces and introduced them to Eric.

"Eric, meet my three best friends, this is Katherine, Jade and Fiona." I said while gesturing to each of them. "I met them on the first day of high school and we became best friends." Before Eric could get a word out, Jade, the little ball of energy said excitedly, "OMG!" Yep, Katherine rubbed off on her, "you're the New-Hot-Guy-With-Sexy-British-Accent! Spill it girl! How did you know him?"

"Ok, Jade, chill! Sit down and stop jumping around like a monkey!" I laughed at her pouting face and started explaining.

"Mine and Eric's parents have been best friends since they were in high school. We used to be next door neighbors and we basically grew up together, hanging out all the time..." I looked at Eric and smiled, he grinned back and continued for me, "When me and Angel were twelve, I moved away to England because of our store; we own a chained jewelry store and the one in England had some problems. So anyways, we moved and just came back yesterday, five years, I missed it here, and especially you, Angel."

Eric took my hand and gently squeezed it, I smiled at him sadly before he continued, "I was surprised to see Angel here on the first day of school but I'm glad I did. We moved back into our old house right beside Angel's, now we could be neighbors again!" Eric said, getting excited and making me laugh. I squeezed his hand in return and looked at my three girls who were wearing dreamy expressions on their faces.

Lunch passed quickly with my three friends bombing Eric with a million questions. The day turned out to be the best day of my life. There were lots of girls throwing themselves at Eric, but he never paid them any attention. He always gently let them down, and I was happy that he was still my sweet Eric, always the gentleman.

The last bell finally rang, signaling the end of the school day. Eric and I walked to the parking lot and got in my car, since he walked here in the morning. When I parked in my driveway, Eric turned to me, "so I guess we have a lot of catching up to do." I smiled and nodded, "come on, let's go to my room."

We walked through the front door and my mom came charging towards us.

"Honey! How was your day?" My mom asked excitedly. Then she turned and saw Eric and attacked him in a tight embrace. "Eric! My big boy, you came back!" Pulling back, she said, "Look at you! Aren't you a handsome prince, came to rescue Princess Angelica from her misery?" She said playfully winking at me.

"Nice to see you Mrs. Rose, it's been a long time." Eric replied, embarrassed.

"It has boy, it has..." Then, perking up, she said, "oh, you're staying for dinner, your parents are also coming, so just stick around, and my! What a beautiful accent! Well, I'm off to prepare dinner, you kids have fun!" She said, starting for the kitchen.

"Mom, do you need any help?" I called after her. "Not thank you dear, go have 'fun' with your prince Charming!" She yelled back, emphasizing on the word "fun".

I blushed a deep red and turned to Eric, to find him with a faint blush upon his cheeks. Aw! How adorable! "Come on, let's go upstairs." We went up to my room and Eric looked around, "wow, it's nicer than I remember," "yeah, thanks." My room was painted a warm gold and the ceiling was dark blue with white stars on it, like the night sky, it helps me sleep at night.

I plopped myself down on my bed and Eric sat beside me. "so...." I trailed off, "so..." Eric repeated.

"I still can't believe you're back!" Eric took my hand in his and murmured, "Don't worry Angel, I won't leave ever again." That sentence held warmth and an open caress, which made me smile faintly and closed my eyes.

"Angel can you play the piano for me, pretty please?" Eric asked. "No" I said, teasing him. "Pretty please with strawberry ice cream cake?" Ah, he knows my weakness, I shook my head.

"Please Angel, for me?" NO!!! The lost puppy face, Eric was making it with wide innocent eyes and pouty lips. Now how could I resist that? "Okay" I gave in. Eric smiled and helped me up. I went to sit down at my baby, she was white and had that royalty feeling about her, I named her Melody, I know, how imaginative. I stretched my fingers and got ready to plat, with Eric standing behind me.