Chapter 12

Lyla jolted, waking with fright. The movement caused Lennon to wake.

"Are you alright?"

"Just a bad dream."

She frowned, hearing the grunting from the next room.

"Are they still going?"

"I don't know," Lennon said, yawning.

He hoped to close his eyes again and fall asleep. With a satisfied hum, he pulled the blanket higher.

"More likely that they've slept in between."

Lyla remembered the contents of the pocket again. As she bit her lip, staring into the darkness, Lyla wondered if it was the right thing to do when she was supposed to be worried about her missing daughter.

The problem for Lyla was that she missed physical affection from a man. Since the idiot left, there had been boyfriends, but it wasn't enough. If Lyla was honest with herself, she'd say that they were boring. Would the vampire be any different?

Listening to the constant noise from the next room didn't make life any easier.

"Hey," she whispered.

"Yes."

Lyla smiled softly.

"Yes, what?"

"Yes, you can get naked."

"Why would you assume that's what I'm thinking?"

"The soundtrack is enough to give a nun wicked thoughts. Are you going to get naked or not?"

She sat up and reached into the inner pocket, pulling out the long line of packets. As she removed the jacket, Lennon counted how many were left.

"Six. May not be enough."

"I'm sure it will be fine."

"I don't like being underprepared. Six is,"

"Enough. Shut up and get on with it."

Lennon couldn't get out of his clothes fast enough. He didn't think this would happen at all considering Lyla looked at him with a lot of derision. Maybe he was wrong about what she felt about him. It pained him to think that it was entirely possible that she was caught up in the moment, listening to Ris and Adley while wishing she was the one that was in there.

Lyla had her back to him for a moment. Lennon reached out to the soft skin. The skin prickled at his touch, sparking as the pads traced over the flesh.

She gasped at the sensation, not realising the gravity of the situation. Lennon watched as the tiny mounds peaked over her skin, the soft hairs raising.

Pulling the eyelets apart, Lennon shifted in behind Lyla as he slowly removed the bra. She leaned back against his chest, tossing the garment aside. Her hands moved behind his head as the fingers slid up her stomach. The touch was tender, but the sparks shot through her hard.

When he gripped her breast, Lyla moaned sharply. His lips moved over her neck to her ear, Lyla rolled her head back to his shoulder.

"Do it," she whispered. "Bite me."

Lennon didn't need to be told twice. It would be a safe feed, merely for pleasure rather than sustenance. Returning to her neck, Lennon soaked in the scent of her blood. Finding the right spot, he bit as gently as he could. Blood slid through him, gloriously hot and rich. From the first drop of blood, Lennon knew that he was in trouble. She was addictive. He would always want her.

Blood drenched his mouth, pulling out his fangs. Lennon looked at the woman in his arms. Lyla smiled as she looked up at him, a solitary finger traced over his jaw. Slowly moving over the prickly skin, urging him closer.