•26•

someone requested a zombie apocalypse one and I loved the idea so here ya goo
if you don't like slight blood and gore then don't read this pls

⛓⛓

Groans surrounded me like I was in a box. Their fist banging on the glass, close to breaking it into shards. My blood stained hands covered my mouth, not wanting to make a sound. I was stuffed in a corner, shelf's piled upon shelf's blocking the entrance. Tear drops trickled onto my cheeks, finally feeling free. My heart rate was starting to pick up, needing to get out of the dull corner I was in.

Crash! Groans filled the room, shuffling footsteps making their way inside the abandoned grocery store. I then let my sob out, uncovering my hands from my mouth and moving them to my ears. I roughly shook my head back and forth, not wanting to hear the voices of the dead. They all sounded different, like they were actual people. Some voices were higher than others, and some were deeper than others. Though they had different voices, they were all the same.

"No, No!" I cried out as more of them tried climbing over the shelf's to reach me. My eyes were shut tight, not wanting to see the nightmare in front of me. My mind whispered as I yelled, I had to get out. I slowly uncovered my ears and opened my eyes. They were clawing at me, wanting to tear my flesh off. Their eyes were dead, no life in them. Their eyes resembled dull colors. If you looked long enough, you would get sucked in.

And that's what I didn't want.

Blood prints marked the floor when they took each step. The once clean, white tile was now turning into a blood red. I stumbled through the shelf's, my starving frame fitting right through them like they were a tunnel. When I was close enough, I ran. Their moans filled my ears up, their hands skimmed mine, searching for something good to eat. Their rotten teeth clacked together, wanting something in between them. I shut my eyes, then quickly bounded between the dead bodies, not knowing what direction I was heading in. I opened my eyes, then quickly scoped out the area.

That's when I saw her, stabbing the dead in the head, no emotion present on her face. I spot the front door behind her as I feel the zombies skim their rotten hands against the back of my shirt. I sprint towards the door, an inch from her, before she grabs my hand.

"If I go, you sure as hell are going down with me." She says, pulling me down as she stabs a zombie right behind my head. I feel the blood splatter on the back of my shirt as she forcefully pulls me up, searching my eyes. I spot her eyes, almost as blue as the ocean. I liked them. I probably wouldn't ever see an ocean again, thinking about it.

Except for when I looked at her.

--

"Damn was I bold," Billie says, talking about the day we first met. I crack a smile as we walk down the empty road with trash scattered about, the slight wind making it blow across the street. We swing our intertwined hands and chat here and there, just enjoying our day. Of course, we kill zombies whenever they decide to appear. Their clanking teeth and dead eyes almost make it easier to kill them. Or maybe I just got used to it.

Night approached, and Billie and I decided to stop for the night. As we settled down and tried to set up a good fire quietly, I look up at Billie through the burning flames she just created. "I love you," I say, looking down at the ground quickly. "I love you more." She says, fiddling with the fire a bit more. I could almost hear the smile as she spoke, making my heart warm.

We cuddle up and try to fall asleep under the stars, the moon peaking through the swaying leaves of Oak trees. Under different circumstances, this could be considered quite romantic. I feel my eyes droop, before I'm out like a light, Billie's arm around me safely.

"Please NO!!" I hear as I'm startled awake. I jolt up, my eyes blurry before they finally focus and I see my worst nightmare.

Right as I go to scream and get up, the zombie bites into her neck, its rotten hands gripping her head tightly as the life drains from her face. My heart drops as she becomes limp, almost as if she just let it win. I grab my knife from my back pocket and stab it, over and over and over and over. My eyes were blurry with tears as I keep going, finally giving up. I let the blade drop, defeated. I turn over to Billie, her neck oozing with blood. I grip her shirt and sob, letting my tears soak her shirt. I gently grab her face and kiss her cheek, feeling her skin before it becomes pale and cold. "I love you." I say, rubbing my thumb across her cheek as I shut her eyes.

I stand up and grab the blade, knowing my fate. "If you go down, I'm going down with you." I mutter. I feel a sharp pain in my chest as I drop down, landing next to Billie.

"I'll be there soon. Wait for me," I mutter, turning my head to look at her. I put her hand in mine, seeing the ocean as my eyes close.

--