Chapter Three

Chapter Three- Kidnapped?

*Unedited*

  "Why'd we leave? I didn't even get to finish my pizza." Audrey looked confused. I shook my head and turned towards Xavier.

  "Who was that man, Xavier. You looked terrified when he walked in." He looked hesitant to answer the question. He sighed.

  "That man is Zayn Malik." He said it as if I was supposed to know who he was. I gave him a look to keep explaining.

  "He's the leader of a gang, The East Side Gang. His gang runs almost this whole town. And to answer Audrey's previous question, we left because the way he was looking at Elisabeth wasn't good." I looked at the road ahead of us. This was a lot to take in.

  "What do you mean, the way he was looking at me?" Xavier never looked at me once. He kept his gaze on the road. He took one hand off the wheel and placed it on my hand.

  "He was looking at you as if he wanted you. Like he wanted you to be his." Something inside me broke. I can't think what would've happened if I never would've met Xavier. In fact, I don't want to be with anyone else but Xavier.

  "I wouldn't allow that." It came out almost like a whisper. As if I said it louder, I would break. Xavier rubbed his thumb on my hand gently.

  "I'm afraid that won't happen. You see, Zayn gets everything he wants. Everyone in this town is afraid of him and his gang."

  "So what you're saying is that he can take my best friend and no one would do anything? Basically, he could kidnap her in broad daylight." I couldn't tell if Audrey was pissed off or scared for me.

  "Well, yeah. But I won't just let him take you from me. Elisabeth is the best thing that has ever happened to me and I won't let anything happen to her." I was slightly blushing. I stretched over and gave him a kiss on the cheek. All I know is that I love Xavier and he loves me. He wouldn't let anyone or anything take me away from and vice versa.

The Night Before the Play

  "Aud, I'm nervous. Help me!" This always happens before the night of the play. I get nervous, Audrey gets fustrated with me, she calls Xavier and then he stays the night it's us.

  "Okay, you know the routine." She grabbed my phone and unlocked it. She called him and in a few minutes he arrived.

  "Why are you so nervous babe? You're acting as your favorite Disney princess." I looked down at me lap. I didn't like the reasoning behind my nervousness. I looked at Xavier. He looked considerate to what I had to say.

  "I'm afraid that I won't be good..." He chuckled.

  "Elisabeth," I slowly turned my head to him. "you are wonderful at everything you do. Don't you dare think otherwise." The way he looked at as he talked had meaning behind it. If anyone else were to walk into the room, they could tell that he loves me. I smiled and leaned in to kiss him.

  "Will you still spend the night?" My forehead was against his. He leaned in to kiss me again, which I gladly allow him too.

  "Does that answer your question?" I quickly nodded my head. I stood up and grabbed his hand walking towards my side of the dorm. We laid down in my bed. I slowly drifted off to sleep thankful for my boyfriend and being able to have a bed bigger than a twin bed.

The Next Day

  I woke up to feel an arm holding me firmly. I smile as I feel Xavier's chest slowly rise and fall. I wiggle out of his grasp and walk towards the closest. I grabbed a tank top, running shorts, and running shoes. I quickly got dressed and went for my daily run. I haven't had enough time recently. I usually run in the nearest park by the school. I did my stretches and began my run.

  I've been running for twenty minutes and it feels as if someone has been watching me. I sat on the nearest bench for a quick break. About five minutes later, someone sat on the other end of the bench. Usually, I wouldn't pay any attention to them and continue listening to music on my phone. But this time there was something different. The person's aura felt unwanted. I looked at the person to see them staring at me. It took me no time to see that it was none other than Zayn Malik. I felt terrified. He was smirking at me. I looked back at my phone.

  "You must dance." I became uneasy. I didn't know if should answer him or not.

  "Excuse me?" He chuckled.

  "You must dance. You have the body of a dancer." He eyed me up and down while he talked. I shifted in my seat. I nodded and looked at the little kids playing on the swing set.

  "Are you okay? You don't feel at ease." I looked at my lap and mumbled 'I'm fine.' I get up and start   running towards the school again when he grabbed my wrist. I quickly turned my head towards him with a confused look on my face.

  "Where are you going? We just started talking." He had a blank expression on his face, but I could see the flashes of anger in his eyes. I tried to get my wrist out of his grasp but he only made it tighter.

  "Please let go of me..." This barely came out as a whisper. He smiled. He looked pleased with his dominance over me.

  "No, because you're coming with me.." Before I could say anything, he shoved a white cloth in my face and slowly drifted into a dark sleep.

A Few Hours Later

  Where am I? Why do I feel dizzy? These were my first thoughts. I open my eyes to see I'm in a dark room.  There was one window on the side wall next to me. The only light surrounding part of the room was the moonlight. There was a bed on the opposite wall of me. I looked down to see that I'm sitting in the corner on the floor. My wrists are tied up. Thankfully, I'm still clothed.  I tried to remeber what happened before. All I could remember was when I woke up and that I was supposed to be in a play right now. About ten minutes of trying to remember what happened, I gave up.

  A few minutes later, the door opened. I couldn't see the person's face. All I could see was that the person was a man, had a sleeve of tattoos on his right arm, and was wearing black clothing. The only sound in the room were his combat boots making contact with the wooden floor. I buried myself deeper into the corner of the wall. Who is this man? What does he want with me?

  "Who are you?" To my surprise, I actually had assertivness in my voice. The man chuckled.

  "Don't remember me, princess?" He had a mocking tone in his voice. That's when I figured out who he was. It couldn't be. Xavier said he wouldn't let him take me. That's when he finally stepped in the light. It was him. It was Zayn Malik.

  "What do you want?" He had an amused look on his face.

  "Well, isn't it obvious?" I shook my head to say no.

  "I want you..."