Atelophobia

Nothing is perfect.

____________________________

   You sit in your chair, reading a good book. As you flip the page, you notice your hand looked so wrong. It was so ugly. You know it sounds weird but it just does to you.

    The fingers looked crooked. You sigh as you stand and walk to the bathroom. Looking at your self in the mirror, you smile sadly. Having heterochromia, you'd think you'd look beautiful. But you don't.

    The different colored eyes stare back at you as you stare into the deep blue and emerald green. Your eyes scan the rest of you. So wrong. I'm so monsterous. You'd think almost daily. Everyone thought otherwise. But to you, it had always been ugly. Always doing the opposite of what you wanted.

   Something inside your head clicks. Smiling at your perfect idea, you go to the kitchen, grab a fork, and go back to the bathroom. Locking the door so you wouldn't be disturbed.

    So ugly. Why must my eyes curse the rest of me? They make my skin look white and make my hair look stupid....
   You glare at your reflected self. Feeling your heart race quickly and your palms feel sweaty, you clasp the fork in your hand. Without hesitation, you stab the fork into your eye. You feel no pain.

   You dig the green colored eye from its socket, cutting the retina with a pair of scissors from the sink. Now, you stare at yourself in the mirror through your blue eye. Now I look even worse. The blood is making my only eye pop. You do the same thing to your other eye.

    Once it was out, you stay frowning. This didn't help.... Now my skin feels too rough and scratchy....

              Atelophobia-
       Fear of imperfection
____________________________