XV

Lucy sat in the library at the desk, her back facing the circular, paper screen window with the sun shining through. Wearing her white robes with silvery patterns, she propped her elbow up on the seat and leaned her head against the back of her hand as she gazed at the scroll in her other hand. Her long, silky golden strands were in a messy but sophisticated updo while the rest were let down freely as it fell down to her slides, hanging inches away from the floor. Silver hairpins and white, puffy fur ball accessories were placed into her hair on both sides to keep the curls up, its jewels dangling as she shifted. As always, her hair was left up to Sebas and even the maids gawked at his expertise and skill. Her side bangs had been brushed to the side and tied semi-loosely to the back of her head along with the other curls and her front bangs had been brushed partly back while still keeping some in front. 

She stared at the scroll in front of her in a daze, her long lashes partly covering her honey-brown orbs which skimmed across the wooden strips. The sunlight streamed in onto her back, providing her the perfect source of light as small dust particles floated around in the air. With nothing to do since completing the paperwork at the Heartfilia manor a few days prior, she was left with passing time. The only paperwork that ever came to her were those that needed immediate attention that neither Yuushun nor Kouyuu could execute.

"Lucy-sama, your tea's gotten cold."

Lucy glanced at her cup and sure enough, steam was no longer billowing from the surface.

"Shall I pour another cup?" Sebas asked.

She nodded her head and holding up an empty teacup in hand, he poured the new batch of tea from the pot into it, replacing the old one with the new as he set the cup down on the table.

"You may leave," Lucy said. "I'll call you when I've finished up here."

"Very well," Sebas placed a hand over his chest and bowed.

He rolled the cart out of the library and prepared to retire himself, knowing that she would be taking a while in the library for she had been there since the early morning. Heaving a sigh, he turned to look back at her as she continued to sit there, unmoving. Turning back around, he rolled the cart along for, despite everything, he couldn't help but heave a sigh of relief. Though the news of her now being an Imperial Princess was sudden, he was all but glad that the chance for Lucy to interact with the Imperial family had come. Though small, he could see a change and at this rate, she may return back to her previous self; something that they all wished for.

"All we can do is wait," he said, retiring for the afternoon as he switched guard duty with the Shadow Guards who had just taken a nap break.

Placing down the scroll, Lucy glanced at the cup of tea to the side. Straightening herself, she reached out and whiffing its fragrant aroma, she took a sip, its faint sweetness and hot temperature sending a warmness through her body. Breathing a sigh, she looked down at the cup of tea, its surface reflecting her image.

"Honey green tea," she softened her eyes with fondness. "It's delicious as always, Sebas."

Setting the cup back down, she leaned back and propped her elbow back up, resting her face against her hand as she returned back to the scroll. How serene the silence was and how peaceful the world seemed at the moment without the constant bustle of staff and shuffling of papers back at the Merchant's Guild where the Heartfilia conglomerate's main center of command was. Nudging her head against her hand, she heaved a small, silent sigh as the last morning dews rolled off the greening leaves.

"Having mastered all the arts that could be offered and having dealt with all the paperwork and implemented the new system, there simply seems to be too much time," she murmured to herself, her head ringing with a dull pain. "Not sleeping takes a toll, too."