Chapter 28

"That brings us to another issue." Kota stated. "We need to get your parents used to us." As soon as Kota said that I cringed knowing that this will never happen. "I know it'll be hard," Kota glanced over at me. " But the sooner we do the easier it will be on all of us." 

   I bit my tongue from saying something. I told them before that me sneaking off was fine. My father was hardly ever around and when he came around he would be home at a late hour. My mother who was seriously ill spent all day in her room watching the news.  I checked in and gave her lunch and dinner since she slept through the morning she never eats breakfast. I'd tell her a bunch of places I'd spend my day at ; in the woods, the garage, anywhere I think she'll believe. 

   Back when we used to live in Illinois I would spend most of my time outside. The closest kid near my age lived a couple miles away. She would always hate it when I went outside, she knew there was bad people out there that would hurt me. I just couldn't stay inside all day like her and Marie, so after a while she relaxed enough to let me go on walks. 

   Marie told me we bought the house in Sunnyvale Court because it was the least crowded street that was near my fathers work place. The whole move was very last minute and my mother was furious. Because of the woods she never questioned why I spent my days outside. She only told me I had one rule- Don't talk to anyone.

    I feel a gentle hand on my foot. I flinched and look down at Gabe who gave me a soft smile. He must have scooted next to me while I was lost in thought.  "Don't worry Sang, we've got a plan." Gabe looked at Kota then to Marc. "We've got a plan right?" Kota nodded.

    "I think I can talk to Jessica about it." Kota looked at Nathan. "Or we can try asking Danielle."

    "No." Nathan quickly said. "No way." I looked around the room. I leaned over next to Corey.

    "Who's Danielle?" I asked.

    "No clue." Corey said with a shrug.

    "She's Derricks sister." Luke said.    

    "Come on guys, if we have a Danielle help us Sang's mom will be more likely to open up." Kota said. 

     There a was groans all around the room.

     "That bad huh?" Marc asked stirring the spoon in his mug. 

     "Yeah." North said, his voice was really deep. 

     "Oh come on," Corey said glancing around the room. "What's up with her?"  Gabe smiled as he looked over at Nathan. 

     "Well, Nathan used to have a huuuuuge crush on her." Gabe said with a hum. 

     "Fuck no I didn't." Nathan shot Gabe a deadly look. 

     "Oh my God, she used to come over to his house all the time," Gabe said.

     "Stop." Nathan's cheeks were turning red. I wasn't sure if it was from anger or embarrassment or both. Brandon scooted closer to Gabe. Corey leaned in and I felt myself lean closer to Gabe too. 

    "No keep going Gabe." Brandon said.

    "One day," Gabe continued "She tried to get Nathan to skinny dip in his pool and when Nathan said no she got like super pissed. After that she went around and told everyone he was gay," Gabe snorted. "What a gal am I right?" 

   "Like I give a fuck what she thinks," Nathan says as he lays on his back. "Can we not talk about her right now?" 

    "You should have heard the nickname she had for him." Gabe snickered as went on looking up at me. "She used to call him-"Nathan sat up and grabbed the pillow he was resting on and threw it right at Gabe.