One.

Dedication to icanbeinterestingtoo!  Thanks so much for reading and supporting this story :)

*~*~*~*~*~*

"Packed with muggles, of course."

Draco rolled his eyes at his father's comment. His mother simply rolled her eyes along with him, gave Draco a small smile, and clutched his hand.

"Relax, Lucius. How can you be so cynical on a day like today? Our boy, our baby boy, is finally off to Hogwarts. Oh, I am just so proud." His mother's comment warmed his heart, as he had been nervous about this moment for the past year. Hogwarts.

"Hi, uh, excuse me?" The three of them turned their heads at a small voice speaking behind them. "I'm so sorry, 'mam. I couldn't help but overhear your conversation, could you help me get onto platform nine and three-quarters?"

Draco almost burst out laughing. It was the scrawny boy from the robe shop last week, the same one who was hanging around that big oaf. Of course he didn't know how to get to the platform, the boy was probably a mudblood. Honestly, he thought, maybe it was a good thing he didn't know how to get onto the platform. They should do that to all mudbloods, it'd be a great way to keep Hogwarts pure. Give them a taste of what our world is like without letting them in. Everyone will be happy.

But his thoughts stopped when his eyes rested upon the scrawny boy's forehead. Harry Potter. He stood up straight, as did his father, realising who the boy was.

Draco's father cleared his throat and gave a cold, sickly smile. "Of course, my boy. First year at Hogwarts?" Potter simply nodded his head in response, wide-eyed. "The same is true for our boy, Draco. I'm sure the two of you will just be the best of friends." Potter's eyes met Draco's, and he instantly remembered him from the shop as well, though Draco didn't think he enjoyed their meeting.

His mother rested a hand on Potter's shoulder. In a hushed whisper, she said, "now, dear. Do you see that brick wall between platforms nine and ten? Yes, well, you simply will just walk through that very wall. Do not be afraid now, it will not hurt one bit. Draco will go first, and you'll follow behind. Ready?"

Draco sneered at the frightened look on his face. What a coward. Seriously, the boy who lived, the only one to defeat Lord Voldemort, and he was scared to run at a brick wall?

"Go along now, Draco."

He didn't need to be told twice. He breathed a sigh of relief on the other side of the barrier, finally alone. He didn't want anyone to see him with a mudblood moron like- like Harry Potter.

Suddenly, Draco's mentality snapped. That's exactly what he wanted, for everyone to see him hanging around with Harry Potter. The boy was famous, powerful. Everyone knew his name, and if Draco spent all his time side by side with him, soon everyone would know the name Draco Malfoy just as well.

Before long, the other three were through the wall, his mother brushing his hair with her fingers one more time. "Oh, stop moving Draco. I do not want you to look anything but your best for the sorting ceremony."

Once she turned to talk to his father, Draco turned to Harry, sticking out his hand. "Look, I know you remember me from the robe shop. I was a brat, and I apologize for that. I hope we can make things right between us, sit with me on the train?"

Harry took his hand, seeming almost afraid to take his hand. As he did so, he could hear his parents muttering about them behind his back.

"Making friends with the Potter boy, excellent-"