Chapter 20

I love you...

His words remained ringing in my thoughts as we sat in front of each other, my cheeks flared a dark hue of red as I bit the inside of my cheek. I definitely felt calmer than I was before. What I didn't know was whether I could stand or not. I tucked a strand of hair behind my ear, hesitantly.

"M-me too," I choked out, making him turn in surprise.

His face expression then softens and leans forward to press a kiss to my forehead, I could catch tint of blush on his cheek, making my heart flutter inside.

"W-well then, we better get you out of here and do something about Aurelius. Satan is currently watching them all and hopefully, Mammon didn't put them in a bad situation,"

Always Mammon.

I giggled at that, Mammon was who he was and no one was ever gonna change him. His gaze was bittersweet and he stood up then offered his hand to me. He wasn't too far but my knees creaked while I leaned forward.

His warm palm envelopes mine and he tugs me up, my weight shifted onto my legs. My knees honestly felt like jelly, I gripped his hand tighter-digging my nails into the fabric of his dark ebony gloves. He showed no sign of pain but I swear I was piercing his palm. It was like a baby dear learning how to walk for its first time.

My legs wobbled, and I slowly got used to moving again. Kneeling for a long time really wears your legs out. Lucifer had insisted on carrying me back but I was too shy to say anything. Instead, he helped me balance myself by holding my waist while slung mine around his. I would've gone around the shoulders, but he was taller than me.

At that, we finally exited the filthy storage room and back to the house, we called home where everyone was waiting for us.

***

"I wonder where my precious book is," says the man, running a finger on the spines of books, inspecting each title with care.

He'd been looking for a while, and he finally reached the second floor of books in the library. His weight shifted under the thin balcony rimming around the edges of the bookshelves.  "This is an amazing game they've pulled for me, but for what is mine will come back to me," 

He shoves his hand into his pocket fumbling with the cold hard metal inside. His other hand tracked against the books once more. The demon hums in delight. He abruptly stops and took a few steps backwards, inching closer to the old railing. His raises his hips and kicks down the shelf, making the books topple off and crumbling the frame of the casing. The opening shifted in half, revealing a lustre brown door. "How creative~ now I take this and- click- take back what is mine,"

He cackles maniacally kicking the now open door off its hinges, the sheet of wood now rested below the balcony he stood upon. Laying in cracked pieces.  His gloved hand grips the side of the wall while he makes his way into the chamber where his beloved book lies for him.

"What a smart place to hide it, but not smart enough," 

His fingertips brushed against the hardcover, feeling his power seep back into him. Taking the book off of the stand he lazily holds it in his left hand and left the scene.

"Now where was I?"

***

"We're almost there If you want me to carry you -I will," 

For the past 10 minutes of me trying to regain the ease to walk again, Lucifer would ask this over and again. We had reached the main hall of RAD and it was dead silent. It was late, and the lights were still on, gleaming brightly above of our heads.

"I-I can manage, I just need to just keep at it,"

I glanced at him and offered him a smile. We carried on walking out to the front doors when the lights behind us switched off. The doors of the lockers rumbled and the hallway was now dark sending an eerie vibe across. "L-Luci-"

The sound of metal dropping onto the floor ringed through the room, the sound echoed through the hallway and Lucifer had tugged me behind a corner away from the hallway. 

"Shh," We shifted briskly so fast I couldn't feel myself move/

"oof-"

I  was greeted with the smell of his cologne on his vest while he held me away from the open space.  I wanted to see what was going on, this side too was pitch black and I could just make out Lucifer's wavering outline. His eyes gleamed the most, trailing a deep crimson hue of light for wherever he moved.

.

.

.

"He's here,"

Hey!

Here you guys go! Thank you all so much for reading even if my updates are becoming slowly non-existent. I will try my hardest to get something done for you all!

_softzuuu