Chapter 26

Nothing much happened during the week. Just a bunch of lovey dovey conversations with Miles, so were just gonna skip to Friday.

"Ok so I finally decided on what were doing for the date" Monett says

"Ok, what?" I ask

"ICE SKATING!" She squeals

"I suck at ice skating." I say

"Well then Miles can hold you" She says

"Yea, I guess" I say

"Ok so we'll meet you guys their at 7:00" she says

"Ok" I answer "byee"

"Bye"

I text Miles to tell him to pick me up at 6:30. I go on my phone and watch youtube videos. When the clock says 5:30 I get up from my bed to get ready. Shower, clothes, hair, makeup blah blah blah. When I'm done I have 10 minutes to spare.

I go outside to sit on the comfy chairs while I wait for Miles. I stare at a few butterflies and notice a car arrives. Miles comes out of it and walks to the door not realizing I'm outside. He rings the doorbell. No one answers. Rings it again. No answer. He decides to call me. My phone buzzes loudly and he turns to see me right their.

"Really?" He asks

He sits beside me.

"Hey beautiful" he says

"Hey gorgeous" I say

"Gorgeous?" He asks

"You know what I mean" I giggle

"C'mon we don't wanna be late" he says holding out his hand

"Okay" I pout taking it

We get in the car, talk about Beyoncé and arrive to the ice skating rink. Monett and Henry arent here yet. We ordered our skates and put them on.

"You know how to skate right?" I say starting to get nervous

"No... I was assuming you did, since oh I don't know you took dance for like 10 years!" He says smartly

"Yea.. Well no. I suck at ice skating" I say

"Well then we'll learn together" he smiles

Monett and Henry arrive and man oh man does he look like superman! How does she not see it?

We attempt to walk to them with the skates on but we can't so we stay seated.

"HEYYY" Monett says

"Hi!" I say

We all greet each other and wait for them to order their skates.

"Miles he looks so much like superman it's creepy" I whisper

"I know right?!" He answers "butt chin and all"

They get their skates on and we enter the rink. I almost die once I step on the ice. Miles is right behind me clutching onto the wall. Monett and Henry glide effortlessly on the ice while holding hands and even turning. I'm pretty sure I saw Henry do a flawless leap too. We look ridiculous.

"What. the. fuck." Miles says

I just grunt due to the immobility of the ice.

"Ok let's try" Miles says

"Ok" I say unsure I myself

We hold hands and try to move across the room but only achieve to advance about half a foot.

"We suck" I say

"Ok we have to pay attention to how they do it" Miles says

"Good idea" I answer

We stare at them for about a minute and realize what we have to do.

"Ok so we have to take longer strides and they have to be a little bit outwards" I say

"Yea" he answers

I take his hand and nervously let go of the wall. We start to move more than we did before. This time we advanced like a whole yard! I'm squeezing miles hand really hard so I don't lose my balance. We attempt to skate again and slowly our skills progress. We fall a lot. It's ok though because it doesn't hurt.

"Let's try to get to the other side of the rink" he says

"Ok" I answer

We start off pretty good. Our glides are together and our balance is alright. But of course a little kid just has to zoom infront and throws Miles off balance. We both fall. I land on top of him, laugh and give him a kiss. I awkwardly stand up and help him get up.

"Well that was a fail" I say laughing

"Where are Monett and Henry?" Miles asks

We see then in a corner passionately making out and return to our own business.

"Can we take a break?" I ask

"Sure" he kisses the top of my head

We exit the rink and the ground feels like heaven! So much stability!

We order some food and drinks. After our little break we return to the rink.

"C'mon" I say excitedly as I drag Miles to the ice

I get on too quickly and wobble a few times. I lose my balance and fall back but Miles catches me.

"Slow down muffin" he smiles

We skate some more and kiss and skate and kiss. Were having a great time until I trip and fall. I'm sitting on the ice when a kid slides too close to me. I see blood on the white ice and start to freak out.