22

Marigold's POV

"You're grounded,"

"Dad!" I exclaimed, the scowl showing in my father's face was more than enough for me to know how serious he is right now. Even my Mom was just standing in the corner and not saying anything.

I know she wasn't blaming me for anything but I feel like this is just so unfair.

"No, Gold. You will follow everything I tell you until we sort this thing out. This is not something to laugh about," he demanded. I bit my lower lip and stared down on my lap as I play the hem of my white shirt.

Why am I being reprimanded for something I don't have any control with?

"A marriage scandal at this time? You two aren't even together yet!"

"We are together," I whispered and my father's eyes widened. "We got together that very same day," I added.

"Wah," I watch as my father washes his face with his hands as if he was really stressed out.

"But that was just a gift for Elle! Who buys engagement rings together, that's just so absurd," I utter. And my father raised an eyebrow.

"So you want him to surprise you?"

"Didn't you surprise Mom when you proposed? How am I any different? I'm a Jeon too,  Dad," I told him as if simply stating the obvious.

His lips formed an o-shape upon the realization.

The escapade that Z and I had last time resulted in one huge marriage scandal that our parents got shocked about.  It was a week after that incident when my dad suddenly came banging at my door earlier this morning because of it. 

Apparently,  some paparazzi took a photo of me trying some ring inside that jewelry shop the same day we picked up Aunt Chaey's present.  It was the same day Z and I decided to buy something for Elle since it's almost her birthday. 

And again, if that ring was for me, it shouldn't be an engagement ring because I'm going to kill Z if he doesn't surprise me for that.

My cheeks blushed red at that thought.

"Yah! What are you thinking?  Your cheeks are getting red! " my father exclaimed and I laugh even more. 

I can't believe I'm really thinking about it.  I mean, Z and I are too young for that.  And we're too young to be engaged.

"Kook, I think it's us who should be fixing everything.  It's our fault the kids had to be exposed to media like that. It's because we are their parents," my mom chimed in. 

My lips puckered at her words.

"I am proud to be your daughter.  Regardless of the restrictions in our life, I am happy that you two are my parents. It's just that the circumstances are not the same.  So it's not your fault you are famous.  We won't be here if you aren't," I answered.

A huge smile immediately crosses my mom's face and I saw Dad hiding his smile by faking a cough and covering his lips.

It's true though.  I will never be ashamed of my parents. Some kids would die to be in my place.  And regardless if my parents are famous or not, I should be happy I am brought to this world.

"Sorry," my father started.  He sat down beside me and that's all I needed. I lunged into him and wrapped around my arms on his waist. 

"I was just a little startled about the marriage news and I freaked out.  Just thinking about my baby getting married stresses me out.  But I know you'd eventually have your own family.  I was just hoping it wouldn't be this early," he hugged me back and I felt him kissing the top of my head.

"So does that mean you're giving your blessing to the young Kim? " my mom asked amused.  She also sat beside me and joined the hugging party.

"Not yet.  Though his father was trying to build up his son to me. Tss," my father hissed.  "No one will be perfect enough for my baby,"

I lifted my gaze and grinned to my father,  "Dad,  you do realize aunt Jen may actually feel the same right?  To his parents, I may never be good enough too,"

Mom chuckled at my words. "Your aunt Jen will accept anybody as long as Z and Y love her.  I'm not sure in Elle's case though. If Latch ended up falling in love with his best friend too, that's when your uncle V will go nuts,"

The two of us laughed at what my mom said, though my father ended up whining.

We were at that state when Latch came in the front door.  He was panting,  sweat running down his face. It seems like he just went out for a jog.

His brows furrowed at the sight in front of him and that made me grin.  "Please tell me you guys are not being sentimental and all that shit because I will be so offended that I am not included.  What am I to this family?" he dramatically exclaimed before running to us engulfing everyone with his manly hug.

"Yuck!  You smell like shit,  Latch!" I screamed and his laughter echoed the whole living room.

We all had our breakfast and the moment I came to my room,  I saw a lot of missed calls from the others including Z. So to make everything easier,  I logged in to our group chat and told me we just had a family talk.

"Bitch,  you just gave me a heart attack.  I thought you two are really getting married and my sorry ass is not informed,"

I laughed at Zamara's words.  She really doesn't have a filter sometimes.

After responding, I sent Z a text and it wasn't long before I saw his name on my phone indicating that I am receiving a call.

I sat on my bed and rested my back on the headboard before answering. 

"Hey..." I answered.  I heard him releasing a long sigh out of relief.

Soft chuckles escaped my lips. "I'm fine.  Dad freaked out but it wasn't anything serious, okay? "

"Mom freaked out too but she's more on angry.  You know my mom is the protective one," he stated. That's understandable.  I heard that's one reason why everyone had major struggles in pursuing our moms because Aunt Jen is very protective of them.

"Dad was proud though.  I think he was even disappointed the news isn't real,"

We both laugh at what he said, my cheeks blushing too.

I heard him coughing from the other line.  I took a deep breath to calm my nerves.  I can't believe I'm almost palpitating like this just because I'm hearing his voice.  And as much as I hate to admit it, I miss him so much even though I just saw him last night. 

He was here last night and we were just in the living room talking.  Dad was serious when he said he don't like Z to be inside my room anytime soon. 

"I miss you, baby," his words came out in a whisper and that sent shivers all throughout my body.

Damn. I can never get used to this. I'm not complaining though.