chapter ten

To all those who criticize or insulting Jennie, well first:

I get it, most of you don't like Jennie in this fic but please try to understand her instead of being mean and offended every time she breathes

❆❆❆❆

I never wanted to be the cause of her suffering. I am aware that the only way to make her feel better is to accept her sexuality but my parents won't forgive me if I do this. Sighing deeply, I fall on the couch and stare at the chimney. It's almost two in the morning but because of the jet lage, my mum must be chilling with her friends. I grab my phone and decide to call her. After a few seconds, I can hear her sweet voice through the phone.

"Jennie? Are you okay?" she asks me with a worried tone.

I scrape my throat and shift uncomfortably on the couch. It's been a few years since I called her. We don't call each other often because she likes to see me in person and the last call we had wasn't cheerful.

It was chaotic and awful.

I recall that I was crying all the damn time and had blurted out words that can freak out anyone.

"I-I'm fine. I just... I just wanted to talk to you." I say in a small voice. "How's France?"

I miss my mum but I'm glad she's taking some time to enjoy herself.

"Great! I have been eating croissants all day! And you? Are you having fun in Santa Monica?" she asks me but I can feel that she's afraid that my answer would be negative.

"Yeah, we went to the beach this morning. The girls played the prisoner ball game. It was fun," I smile to myself thinking about all the happy moments I had in the beach.

"Jesus, they are too reckless. Kids these days are oblivious and mindless. I heard a kid was bitten by a shark last month because he didn't follow the rules, can you believe it? If Elijah wants to do crazy things, let her but don't follow her."

I bite my lips while listening to her scolding the girls for swimming in the sea. She already met Elijah who had several ear-piercing and a heavy makeup. That didn't left a good impression in their first meeting. Even though I keep telling her that she doesn't have a bad influence on me, every time I speak about Elijah, my mother always pointing out every little thing that she does.

"Mum, swimming is not a crazy thing." I sigh and I can hear a little gasp escape from her lips.

"I don't like your tone! She's racking your brain, I knew it! You should stop hanging out with her," she says to me.

I roll my eyes and runs a hand through my long brown hair. I won't stop seeing Elijah, she's been my longest friend and above all, my best friend. We went through thick and thin, and yet, she never left my side.