Forgiveness - Scott x reader

AU: High school
Age: 16

-
"I had a dream, I got everything I wanted. But when I wake up, I see you with me" You sang. "And you say, as long as I'm here no one can hurt you.." 

Everyone watched you in amazement, as you sang for Bodwell high's talent show. You loved to sing, and decided to perform this year, since you rarely put yourself out there. 

Everyone who wanted to perform was backstage getting ready. Meanwhile, Scott was arguing with Cameron about who would win. Scott planned to tell jokes, and Cameron wanted to play the trumpet. 

"Your jokes aren't funny, Scott. All you do is insult other people." Cameron said, glaring at Scott. 

"Well, it's better than your stupid trumpet solo." Scott snapped. "They would pick me over you." 

"Pick you for being a complete jerk?" 

"Being honest isn't being a jerk."

"Whatever. I would win over you and that's a fact. Have fun embarrassing yourself on stage." Cameron replied, walking away blowing on his trumpet. 

Scott glared at the smaller boy, thinking up a plan to embarrass him. He smirked to himself, as he walked to the supply closet. 

"Let's see who gets embarrassed now, Cameron." Scott smirked, grabbing a balloon and filling it with water.

"Thank you!" You smiled to the crowd, at the end of your performance. 

Just as you were walking off stage, Cameron walked behind you to perform. Scott ran up on stage, and aimed the water balloon towards Cameron.  

"Take that, you nerdy wimp!" Scott yelled, flinging the water balloon. 

To your shock, the water hit you and got all over your clothes. The whole auditorium was silent, watching you stand there in bewilderment. 

Scott looked at you with guilt, and Cameron shook his head at Scott in disapproval. The whole crowd started booing, and you ran off stage, feeling the tears stream down your face. 

Scott didn't like it, but he had this weird feeling in his stomach. He decided to not perform that night, and go home. 

-

The next day, Scott decided to find you and make things right. As he searched for you, he spotted you by your locker. He walked towards you, but Courtney ran in front of him, blocking you.

"What you did last night was cruel, Scott, even for you." Courtney spat. "You better not hurt Y/N, or I will end you."

Scott rolled his eyes at his ex. "I just want to talk to her."

"Why? To hurt her more?"

Scott didn't answer. He just glared at Courtney, hoping she'd leave. The bell rang, and he walked pass her, over to you. 

"Scott! You better not hurt her!" He heard Courtney yell. 

"Y/N." Scott called, and you turned towards him. You began to feel nervous, seeing he was the one who pranked you, last night. 

"Do you.." Scott hesitantly asked. "Do you want to walk with me to class? Since we sit next to each other, you know." 

You felt confused and unsure of his intentions, since Scott had a reputation of being a bad boy and adding onto that, how he embarrassed you last night. You stayed silent for a few moments, before Scott spoke again. 

"Never mind. Forget I asked." He said, walking away with his cheeks flushed. 

You watched him leave, feeling uneasy about what just happened.