C.54

"haerin!"

"mommy!" a small girl with a short black hair ran to a woman that is in her mid-twenties. the little girl extended her arm to hug her mother.

"where have you been? you shouldn't be playing outside when it's dark you know that? i'll be very worried if something happens to you" the mother smiled at her little daughter called haerin.

haerin grinned and started jumping when she saw a black bmw parked in front of the house. a man came out of the car and he noticed the two. a smile instantly formed on his face.

"papa!" when she was running towards him she stumbled on a big rock that was on the ground. she fell and had scratched both of her knees. it was starting to bleed.

"haerin!" the mother stood up going to haerin worry written all over her face.

"oh god- haerin you should be more careful!" he quickly went to his daughter's side and lifted her up as he pat all the dirt off her. she looked down on her knees with a blank expression. the red blood trickled down.

"does it hurt? oh no my little baby" haerin shook her head and gave her mother a big cute smile.

"i'll bring her inside" he muttered and carried haerin inside the house. he placed her on the sofa and went to the television. he took a first aid kit from one of the drawer.

"you don't have to run. you'll hurt yourself" the father said with a hint of worry in his voice. he placed a cartoon bandaid and smiled satisfied with what he had done.

the mother just stood there smiling at the two.

"haerin, this is your little brother" her mother exclaimed as she gestured haerin to come closer to the baby's crib. haerin went towards it staring down at the baby who was sleeping

"brother?" she lifted her head up to look at her mother.

"yes brother" she nodded and patted her daughter's head.

"i have a little brother now? woah" the side of her lips tugged upwards and she began jumping both of her hands still on the crib. the baby began to stir in his sleep and a loud cry were heard after.

"wha- mommy why is he crying?" haerin stopped jumping and her eyebrows rose up in confusion. "hey there little one. why are you sad?" her mother let out a soft chuckle when she heard what haerin said.

"your little brother has a name. it's haejun"

"haejun? haejun! you have a name!" haerin jumped again making the crib shook. the baby stopped crying for a second as his round eyes stared at the girl.

"i hope you could take care of your little brother, haerin"

"of course, mommy! he's little haejun! i will take a very good care of him like what mommy and papa always do to me" she punched her chest and nodded her head with a confident smile.

the mother's side lips tugged upwards.

"haerin. i'm having a weird feeling" she turned to look at her little brother who was walking towards her very slowly. both of them were out in the playground that was near their house.

"what is it about?" she raised her brows as she closed the book she was reading. haejun bit his lower lip and fiddled with his fingers debating with himself whether he should really tell her or not.

"i don't know but.. i just got a feeling that something bad is going to happen" haejun looked around anxiously before his eyes met with his sister's.

she knew that his brother was a bit different. it's like he have a very strong sixth sense. it's like he had superpowers like, clairvoyance but quite different.

he sometimes can predict what will happen in the future and it really happen. she knew she had to believe him. his brother got that ability from their mother.

she stood up putting the book she was reading back inside her bag. grabbing haejun's hand both of them began running away from that place.

at the same time they saw a black van pulling over at the side of the road near the playground area. "who are they?" haejun asked.

"we don't have time to worry about what they are. let's just get home quick"

"be quiet, haejun. both mom and dad will notice that we're not asleep." haerin placed her index finger in front of her lips and glared him. haejun rolled his eyes.

"i told you to stop doing all of this! i don't want that money of yours. you and your stupid work" both of them flinched when they heard their mother began shouting. there was a loud crash after.

"you woman- just accept it. how ungrateful"

"you.. have you ever thought of your children? aren't you worried about them?"

"i'm doing all of these for them! of course i'm worried why wouldn't i be?"

"what are they talking about?" haejun's eyebrows furrowed as he turned to look at his sister who was confused too. she shook her head.

"i want a divorce!" as soon as their mother said that both of their eyes widened in shock. they knew too well what the word divorce is. haerin bit her lower lip as she stood up.

another loud crash made her shoulders to jump. she held her breath for a second before she extended her hand to haejun who was still sitting on the ground.

"let's just go to sleep"

"but what about-"

"haejun!" her eyes turned darker as she gave him a slight glare. shivers went up to his spine and he took her hand standing up quickly. she dragged him to his bed.

"about mother and father.. are they really"

"haejun.. go to sleep"

"what will happen to us?" she pursed her lips. she shook her head and pulled his comforter. "don't worry. nothing will" she went to her bed that was right beside his and sat down. haejun's question stayed in her mind.

"right.. nothing will happen to us. what's the worst thing that could possibly happen?" she murmured to herself.