31: She's Gone

I sat at the airport, playing with the bracelet on my wrist that my parents gave me. I spun it around and around, thinking about everything. 

"Hey," Ryan says, smiling. He tosses me a water bottle. "Got you a drink." 

"Thanks." I take it and put it in my carry-on bag. I don't feel like eating or drinking right now. Ryan gives me a sad look. 

"I'm sorry you're doing this," he says, taking the seat next to me. 

I shrug. "I'm sure it's just better in the end for everyone." 

I hope.

***Harry’s Point of View***

The next day when I woke up I immediately remembered the events of last night. I have to talk to Nat. She seemed so upset. I'm not entirely sure why, but I need to find out. 

Also, I need to tell her how I feel. Last night I finally realized that I didn't want to pretend to be her boyfriend anymore. That's not enough. I'm sick of pretending when all I really want to do is have an excuse to kiss her and hold her and....make her mine. That's probably the reason I even suggested the whole fake dating thing in the first place, although I didn't know it at the time. I hate those stupid rules we made. I wish they'd never existed. 

I came downstairs and found everyone at the kitchen table. Meg was in tears, and everyone was comforting her. I noticed that the only people not there were Ryan and Nat.

"What's going on? Where's Nat? I need to talk to her," I say. Meg glares at me. 

"She's gone Harry," she spits out through her sobs. 

"What do you mean she's gone?" 

"She's gone! She left! She's at the airport with Ryan right now! I hope you're fucking happy," she says, getting up and running outside. Aunt Liz rushes after her worriedly while I stand there, my jaw hanging open. I was shocked. Speechless. She couldn't have actually left, right?