Everyone Hurts

Chapter 46

Before Daniel knew it time had passed fast and he was going to check in on Chelsea. When he got to her door he felt as if something was wrong. He walked into her room and saw that the bed had been made and her belongings were gone. He soon felt his world crash all around him. The room started spinning and he tried to catch himself on something from falling to the ground and that's when she walked in and tried to help him to the bed. He never looked twice to see who it was that was helping him, but as soon as he sat down he stood back up.

Daniel: "what the hell?"

She: "What?"

Daniel: "why are you here?"

She: "well I need a doctor..."

Daniel: "well go find another doctor because this one is off in (Dan looked at the clock 3.....2.....1.....) Now!"

She: "Please" *cough.....cough*

Daniel: "Kate I can't deal with you right now I need to find Chelsea"

Kate: "Daniel please (she inched closer to him) you know I would not come unless I truly need to be checked out."

Daniel just stood there for a few moments he wanted nothing more to just cut Kate loss but he couldn't there was unspoken tension between the two of them.

Daniel: "Kate fine what is it"

Kate: *cough.....cough......hack* "Well it this damn" *cough* "cough, I can't seem to make it go" *cough.....hack* "away"

Daniel rubbed his eyes he was trying to wipe the sleep out of it and he thought to himself "come on Danny boy I know you don't like her but patients always come first" He managed to get Kate in a room he started on her blood work. Working his way up to x-rays, while all this was going on he only had one thought in his mind, well two "I need to get the hell out of here, and I need to find Chelsea"

Daniel: "Kate I'm handing your case over to Dr. Taylor Rowe she is on call tonight I'm sorry but I have worked my hours over and they want me to leave."

Kate: "Daniel is there something I should know? Something you're not telling me?"

Daniel: "as of now No Kate when they get the results back I told them to call me if they need me. I must be going now."

And with that Daniel left. Kate just laid there in her bed she was scared she hated being in the hospital let alone she hated being by herself it seemed no one was around for her not even when she need someone the most even if it was just to lend a shoulder. She sat there and contemplated for a few moments where she went wrong in her life and she realized everything she almost did was wrong. Tears rolled down her eyes of the thought of her dying alone something she could not bear. It was a freighting revelation for Kate and she wished she could change all the past mistakes she made and as she sat there on her bed she realized all that life was too short and she need to change her ways.

The Nurse came in and broke the news to Kate not even a Dr. came in to see her, they sent in a flunky a Nurse that was part time.

Nurse 1: "Ms. Roberts the test came back and you have....."

The Nurse was interrupted by Kate

Kate: "I know what I have I was confirming it I can't believe it"

Tears ran down Kate's face as Death seemed to be staring her in the face

Daniel: "you knew about this?"

Kate snapped her face over to the door

Kate: "Daniel I thought you had...."

Daniel: "had what left? I did but I couldn't break myself to leave while knowing you were here alone and I need to make sure nothing was wrong"

Daniel walked in and sat down in the chair. The nurse left closing the door behind her.

Daniel: "when did you"

Kate: "A few months ago"

Daniel: "and does Vic...."

Kate: "No"

Daniel: "Chelsea? Phillip? Lucas?"

Kate: "No one knows"

Daniel put his hands to his face and rubbed his face he figured maybe if he rubbed enough it would all go away this nightmare would all go away.

Daniel: "Kate why have you not told anyone?"

Kate: "it's my burden to carry, I always say born alone die alone"

Daniel: "Kate you don't deserve to face this on your own."

Kate: "sure I do Daniel there is so much......So much hurt I caused all my family and so much hate towards me that its better this way."

Daniel stood and walked to Kate

Daniel: "No Kate no one deserves this and no one deserves to go through this alone"

Daniel held Kate in a hug and Kate started to cry tears rolled down her face Daniel looked down at Kate and wiped her tears away, Kate looked up to Daniel and that's when they kissed, just as that happened Chelsea walked through the door.

Chelsea: "Grandm....."

Daniel broke the kiss with Kate and jerked his face to the door. He saw the tears form in Chelsea's face as she dropped her purse and ran out the door. Daniel forgot Kate was ever in the room and he ran after Chelsea screaming her name.

Chelsea hit a few nurses on the way out tears running a stream down her face she didn't know where she was going but she knew she had to get away from the reality she was placed in she just kept running she could hear Daniels voice in the background and she wanted nothing more than to stop but he hurt her and she couldn't take it.

Daniel ran towards Chelsea telling the nurses to move out of his way and running into a few doctors he need to get to Chelsea and tell her why he had kissed Kate and he need to tell her everything. But no matter how fast he ran it seemed she was quicker than him.

Chelsea ran to the park she thought going there would clear her mind. Daniel followed her to the park and through the thick trees until he reached the end of a hill with a bench on it there where candles lit everywhere and a basket with a blanket on the ground and Chelsea sitting at the bench that overlooked part of Salem.

Tears streaming down her face Daniel paused the moment he saw everything and that's when Chelsea stood up and started to grab everything and throw it over the edge of the hill yelling

Chelsea: "fuck this.....stupid...... I'm stupid.........damn these candles.........damn this thought...........fucking basket..........."

Daniel walked to Chelsea slowly he thought maybe holding her would make everything better but as soon as he reached to hold her. She screamed at him.

Chelsea: "WHY DANIEL WHY AGAIN I THOUGHT.....I THOUGHT YOU WHERE DONE WITH HER! MY GRANDMA WHY.....DONT TOUCH ME YOU DON'T GET TO TOUCH ME! JETT WAS RIGHT ABOUT YOU!!"

Daniel didn't care what Chelsea said he held her and the more she tried to push him away the more he held her tight.

Daniel: "Chelsea please listen to me"

Chelsea: "No Daniel I'm done listening to you"

And with that Chelsea kneed Daniel in the groin and took off running to her dads place. Daniel feel to the ground and need to catch his breath. He thought to himself "damn I haven't got kneed there sense...damn sense high school football from Amanda"

Chelsea reached her dads house and dialed Jett's number.

Jett: "Hello Chelsea? What's wrong?"

Chelsea: (out of breath) "Jett I'm ready to leave like know"

Jett: "Chelsea what about your goodbye to Daniel?"

Chelsea: "I don't wanna talk about it, I just want to leave NOW!"

Jett: "Okay I'm on my way."

And with that Chelsea hung her phone up got some stuff together and wrote a note for her dad and hope she left it in the kitchen and that's when there was a knock on the front door..............................