Chapter 1 Arc 4: Trials of Fate

'System? Oi! Don't ignore me!' Ling Yuxian said inwardly.

The unknown voice suddenly replied back, "This is a space created by me. Your system wouldn't be able to communicate with you."

'Ah, he could read my mind.'

"I can."

"....."

"W-What kind of punishment are you going to give us...." Ling Yuxian weakly asked.

There was a little chuckle to the unknown person's tone, "Who knows."

The quiet Si Wang finally spoke, "Why not show yourself first?"

"Can't." An immediate response. "There is indeed a rule where there cannot be two transmigrators in one world. But, the idea is not something unheard of. That's why there's another rule added to the list."

"And that rule is?" Ling Yuxian asked.

"The two transmigrators will go into a few selected fake worlds as trials. The results will depend on both of your performances. The time limit in each world is 1 lifetime together. I have already tied both of your strings together. That will allow you two to recognize each other at first glance."

Si Wang then asked calmly, "What is the main mission?"

"That...is for you two to find out yourselves."

The next moment, a bright light illuminated their sight and Ling Yuxian had no choice but to shut his eyes tightly.

When the bright light begins to fade, Ling Yuxian already knew that he is in a new setting.

Opening his eyes, drops of tears from the corner of his eyes ran across his cheeks. A second later, Ling Yuxian vomited blood and clutches onto his chest.

He is currently standing at the corner of a cliff and a person is standing in front of him and pointing a sword at his way. For some odd reason, there was this huge intense sadness and pain coming from his heart when seeing this person.

'These emotions aren't mine and I can't control it. Dammit.'

When Ling Yuxian looks at that man's eyes, his heart started to beat loudly for a second when he realized that it is no other than Si Wang who is currently occupying the man's body.

Si Wang also realizes that the person in front of him is Ling Yuxian. But, he wasn't able to control the anger and sadness boiling up inside of him as he points the sword straight at Ling Yuxian.

Ling Yuxian could see Si Wang struggling to fight off the emotions. Si Wang's hand that is holding onto the sword is trembling so much that Si Wang is clenching his own teeth tightly.

"Are you hesitating to kill me?" Though Ling Yuxian meant to say that line with a straight face, the emotions got the best of him and the tone came out to be filled with grief.

"Don't provoke me!" Si Wang furrowed his brow when he heard that and his voice cracked while yelling that line.

The snow fell down slowly from the cold misty sky as Ling Yuxian watches Si Wang struggling to not kill him with the sword.

There was no plot nor was there any background given to them on the bodies that they are in. The situation was confusing and they have no idea what was going on.

The only thing given to both of them was just emotions that neither of them can control. Emotions that they have never felt so strongly, not even once through the hundreds and thousands of years they have been alive.

Ling Yuxian closed his eyes as he felt that it was too hard to continue looking at Si Wang's struggle. Tears still stream down his face uncontrollably even when he doesn't know why he is crying in the first place.

The only thing that this body he is now in kept telling him is one line over and over again. Telling him that this is what the body truly wants to know. Begging him nonstop.

Ling Yuxian took a deep breath and open his eyes slowly as he just gives in and decides to ask the question in order to satisfy this body's thirst.

"Do you love me?"

A drop of tear fell from the corner of Si Wang's eyes as he bit his lips.

"No."