•|Φ|•

Warning :A very long story!

Amaravati breathed heavily. She was adorned with fulgent gold ornaments laiden with precious stones. A silky veil covered her face completely and she was clad in a grand saree with golden brocades and embroidery.

Her lustrous hair was tied up above her neck into a bun.
Her eyes were outlined with pure black kohl and a small red dot was spotted between her brows.

She was seated on the bed of her new chamber inside her new home, the royal palace of Mahishmathi,an empire glorified greatly in every myth.

She was now the newly wedded wife of the crown prince of Mahishmathi and the future queen of the great empire. Her wedding took place today and she was waiting for her husband in his chamber.

She had heard a lot of tales about his bravery and generosity. She heard that he has fought several battles and gifted his citizens new clothes and a sum of money every thirty days.

But she was not impressed. He was however the prince of an empire where women lacked freedom and had to lead their whole life hidden under a veil. They had no right to touch weapons or considered equal to men. The title of a queen was just a mere word of decoration for the king's wife. She had no powers of her own. Women could not even dream to be independent.

She did not expect a sense of equality in him no matter how kind and lionhearted he was.

A cool wind made its way through the wide open window bringing her veil down.It seemed as if the nature couldn't bare to see her this way. The curtains of the window swayed in rhythm and she could see the bright moon shining in the sky. The peaceful sight eased her tightened jawline.

Before she could pull up the silky smooth cloth over her head, the massive door of the chamber opened with a creak. Suryodhay, her husband entered the room slowly. He closed the door behind him and walked to her.

"Don't do it. "he said out of the blue which made her stop holding the cloth. She stared at him intently.

"I... don't believe in this system where women are treated unequally. You don't have to cover your face. "he said taking her by surprise. This was not the behavior she expected.

"I know this marriage must have took place against your interest.I could not make a decision too. I don't know anything about you nor do you know a thing about me. So... I... think we should wait for the right time. "he said in a go. He looked a bit nervous.

He slowly sat down on the bed keeping a respectable distance from her.Still she shifted a little.

"I will sleep on the floor if  you are uncomfortable. "he said and she was impressed though she didn't want herself to be.

"It is alright,prince Suryodhay.I thank you for your kindness. You can sleep on the bed.As long as you don't do anything wrong .... "she trailed off and she had stopped herself from saying the last sentence. Her father had strictly warned her not to say anything that may create a conflict.

"My kindness!!I beg your pardon princess Amaravati. This isn't an act of kindness. If a person feels uncomfortable with his or her life partner, then they should wait. Be it a woman or a man. I believe patience and mutual understanding is the base of marriage. And I... am trying my best. "he quoted.

"Are you uncomfortable? "she asked casually.

"Umm.. I don't know actually.. I'm feeling strange and slightly nervous. But not uncomfortable. "he said with a small smile and she nodded. This was what she was feeling exactly. Somehow his presence now made it easy for her. She was glad that in a country like this, she could find atleast one person who could think logically.Maybe her father was not completely wrong.