Chapter 6

Malik's P.O.V

"Tater Tot. Serenity. Come on baby wake up." I told her as I tapped her face lightly.

"Get her to a hospital. Now!" Her father said. I quickly picked her up, and ran to my car.

"Sean lock up, make sure the stove off, and meet us there. Marcus come drive bruh." I slammed the back door, and stared at Serenity.

I put my hand on her limp arm. She had a pulse, but it was barely there. I kissed her lips. They were slightly cold. I started praying.

'God please help her through this. Don't take the last person that I have. Don't do this to me. You've took everyone else from me. I need her. She's my missing piece. I need this girl. I love her more than you'll ever know. In your name I pray. Amen.'

I noticed we pulled up to the hospital. I got out the backseat, an grabbed Kay. I ran into the emergency room lobby. "I need a doctor please. Please help me." I yelled, several nurses and doctors came out. They took her to the back.

I waited in the hospital. I couldn't sit still, so I was pacing back and forth. That's my world in there, and seeing her hurt kills me. I wish she could see how much she meant to me. I mean I honestly love this girl.

"Sit down Malik. She's going to be ok." Liyah said walking up to me. I looked at her, and gave her a weak smile. How can I sit still when my girlfriend is back there?

"Family of Serenity Kayla Jones." I immediately stopped pacing, and ran to him.

"That's us." I said as everyone stood up too.

"She's fine. She went into shock, which drained a lot of blood from her. If the person who sent her in shock is still here I advise you to leave. We don't need her going back through that." The doctor said. I looked over at Tater Tot's father, and he simply nodded. I nodded back at him.

"Can we see her?" Justin asked. The doctor looked at his chart.

"According to her the only person she wants to see right now is Malik. The rest of you can wait until further notices." I looked back at them, and shrugged. "Well Malik lets go." I followed him to her room.

I stood out the door contemplating about going in. I looked inside of the door, and saw she had her back turned towards me. I walked in took my shoes, shirt and pants off. I only had on my basketball shorts, and some socks. I laid next to her, and wrapped my arms around her.

She turned around to face me. I looked into her eyes, and noticed she had been crying. A tear slide down her cheek, and I kissed it away. Tater tot stared back at me.

"Pooh. My whole life is a lie. What else am I suppose to do? I thought he was dead. Why would he fake his own death? Why would he lie to me?" She whispered as tears started running down her face. I took my thumb, and wiped them away.

"Tater tot your life isn't a lie. It's just a piece of you that's suppose to be gone has came back. Of course he owes you a big ass explanation for this, or I'll kill him myself." She gave me a weak smile. "I can tell you one thing though. I'm here with you. I'll be right beside you with every step you take. Because I love you Tater tot. You mean everything to me." I said as I kissed the back of her hand that was intertwined with mine.

"Do you promise Pooh?" She asked as she stared at me. I smiled at her.

"I pinky promise. Now gimme a kiss." I told her. That got me a kiss, and a real smile out of her.

"I love you Pooh. To infinity." She pecked my lips.

"I love you Tater Tot. To beyond." I said as I wrapped my arm around her waist, and pulled her closer to me. We laid in the bed staring at each other. I noticed I'm in love with her. Damn. I'm in love, and I don't want this feeling to go away.