fifteen days.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

┊┊┊ ❁ཻུ۪۪ ━ ❝✧

┊┊┊ ❝ fourteen days,

┊┊⋆ starting tomorrow

⇢˚⋆ ✎ ˎˊ- fifteen days left to live

⁺    ˚ . *     ✦ .  ⁺   .     ⁺

SO THIS IS HOW IT ENDED? that's all the girl could think of as she swung her legs boredly in her hospital bed like she was a small child again. she listened carefully to the doctors' hushed voices, the small sobs and cries that came from her parents at every other word.

the only reason she really worried about dying, was because her parents. she was their only child, and of course, she had to have been born with a quirk that would kill her in the long run. her parents were beyond devastated, and that devastated her.

she could barely feel her emotions properly, as she hadn't slept at all in weeks. her lids were heavy, vision was blurry and she was constantly shaking herself awake after a few seconds of a doze off. sleeping would just cause her to die even faster.

the figure of her nightmares had never been on her side. she tried getting along with the unkind paralysis demon, but it's only interest was to make her life- asleep or awake- absolute hell.

y/n was over it.

she would have nightmares either way. she just wouldn't be able to make the hell figure disappear if she was in a complete deep sleep. at least she had been able to swat away the claws that broke her once, soft layer of skin. however, the h/c haired girl feared turning any corner or even closing her eyes for a blink.

she lived in constant terror.

y/n looked up when her parents and doctor stepped back into the room. her mom had rushed to her side, embracing her sweet daughter tightly, head falling into her neck as her body shook with the quivers of her sobs. her dad looked in distress, as if he was having trouble completely digesting a large pill.

the doctor, dr. kemi smiled sadly at y/n, patting her shoulder. "this going to be very hard to take in," she started. "so i get if you need time-"

"just tell me how long." y/n sighed, her e/c eyes flickering up to meet dr. kemi's.

the doctor looked down at the papers on her clipboard and sighed, "fourteen days, starting tomorrow."

death is confirmed.

so this really was how it all ended. dr. kemi didnt say anything along the lines of 'its possible...' or 'there's a big chance...'

no. death was a confirmation. y/n l/n was going to die in 14 days. all because of a stupid quirk that didn't want to work with her.

y/n froze. "two weeks?" she questioned.

"we'll make it the best two weeks, sweetheart," her mother could barely get out the words. "we swear on it- we promise. we're here for you every step of the way..."

y/n sighed. she knew her parents would start counting down the days just to toture themselves even further, now that they had a time frame. the only positive was her parents and all the love the small three people family had for each other.

waiting would be like taking a long walk in hell though. knowing the amount of time until her very own death? why couldn't her unfriendly demon just kill her now?

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃