The Not So Amazing First Date

Arabella's POV

It's hard to believe I'm already fifteen and that my dad has allowed me to go to Swellview High School with Henry, Charlotte, and Jasper. I don't like school, but I like spending time with my friends and Henry. My dad is protective of me, but he trusts Henry to keep me away from any harm or threats that could be potential after me. It is annoying, but they are superheroes it's their job to protect the people of Swellview.

It's been a week since I started at Swellview High and it hasn't been awful. Miss Sharpen is my history teacher and she's the weirdest teacher I have. I am struggling with English because of my Dyslexia and it's hard for me to read, but I'm pushing through it.

I was at my locker, putting my history book inside. I shut my locker and saw Henry approaching me and I smiled at the sight of the handsome sidekick.

"Hey, pretty thing." He greeted me.

"Hey, good looking." I greeted and he kissed my lips. "What's up?"

"Just looking at the most beautiful girl in the world." He flirted and leaned his arm against the lockers and gave me a grin. Sometimes Henry purposely tries to make himself look hotter than he already is and it's annoying.

"What do you want?" I asked and folded my arms. He gave me a look and lowered his arm.

"What do you mean?"

"Whenever you want or need something, you try to flatter me." I remark with a soft smile.

"I do not." He protested and I just looked at him. "Okay, fine..."

I giggled and adjusted my backpack on my shoulder.

He grabbed my hands and looked down at me. "So, we've been dating for over a month and we haven't gone on a date."

"Well, we technically have..." I tell him.

"I meant as a couple." He chuckles and I smile softly. "So, do you wanna go on a date this Saturday night?"

"Where?" I asked. "I'm not picky, just curious."

"You'll find out." He smiles and I groaned.

"Awww....why won't you tell me?" I asked him with a pout and dropped his hands.

"Because it's a surprise." He reasoned and I sighed. "And I know you love surprises."

"Definitely." I sarcastically reply and we both chuckle. "Well, I can't wait."

Henry kisses my cheek before walking off.

I'm so lucky.

——

Saturday Night

Saturday Night

I was waiting in Junk-N-Stuff for Henry to pick me up and my dad was with me. He wanted to speak to Henry first, which confused me because we've been together for over a month and hasn't talked to him about our relationship.