as nessa turns on the tv while she's unpacking, there's a loud knock at the door followed by another. it startles her as she isn't expecting anyone and hasn't even had the chance to look at the room service menu never mind order something from it. pondering over whether it's a good idea to open the door or not, nessa creeps over to it, making no sudden movements. she approaches it, another knock thumping down onto the wood.

"who-who is it?".

there's a pause.

"ness it's me, josh, open up".

a breath of relief flows effortlessly from her mouth when the familiar deep voice rings in her ears, making her heart beat settle and all of her previous worries to disappear. nessa steps back, opening the door wide.

josh stands with his shoulder leaning against the door frame, his eyes connecting with hers instantaneously. she melts under his warm gaze, his very - ocean blue eyes standing out.

"how'd you know i was here?" she hums in question, gesturing for the boy to come inside.

he does, pushing off of the door frame with no effort at all.

"lea texted me. she told me what happened with your friends and that you went rogue on them" he explains, silently looking around the hotel room.

without noticing that she's doing it, nessa rolls her eyes. she's not mad at lea, she's obviously just concerned but the other two? they have a lot of nerve.

"i'm okay josh really. i just don't want to stay in the house with them right now" nessa tells him, closing the door behind her.

josh spins around on the spot, nessa taking a seat on the bed. he does too.

"how come you didn't ask me for help? you know i would have" he mumbles.

shrugging in response, nessa frowns. she really didn't want to bother him. she never wanted josh to be dragged into any of her own mess.

josh notices nessa distancing herself and he gets an awful feeling in the pit of his stomach. he understands why she doesn't want to burden him but the thing is, she isn't. there just isn't anyway for her to realise that.

"okay come on, get your things" he breaks the silence, confusion replacing the sad look on nessa's face.

"what? where are we going?" she asks, standing.

josh scrunches up his face at her. "you didn't think i was going to let you stay in a hotel did you? don't be dumb ness. you'll come stay at sway house until you decide what you want to do".

josh begins to gather nessa's things for her whilst she stand in the corner, her mind scrambled and unable to comprehend just how she managed to get so lucky in the space of two months.

"but what about the guys? are they okay with that? i really don't want to be a bother josh i'm fine staying here and anyways i already paid for the room" she rambles.

josh sighs, zipping up her backpack.

"i discussed it with the boys and they're all totally okay with it. you made a good impression and they agreed that you being at our place is the safest. hotel rooms are creepy and you'll get lonely or whatever. and as for the room, i already spoke to the lady at reception- she's refunding you're money as we speak" he explains breathlessly.

josh barely finishes his sentence before nessa lunges at him, a wide grin on her glowing face. she wraps her arms around him, squeezing a little too tight. the impact from her body meeting his makes josh a little unbalanced for a second until he regains himself, hugging the smaller girl back, a smile on his lips. the pair bask in their moment, holding each other, both of them having thoughts race through their minds.

"thank you" nessa mumbles, her eyes closed.

josh kisses the top of her head, his hand rubbing her back gently.

"hey, what are best friends for?".

_______________

damnnn just date already 🙃

did y'all see teatok tuesday?
y i k e s

i'm still sad abt jaden and mads doe

comment & vote
🧸