Fool Me Twice, Shame On Me

Author: @RedovefromVenus_

"So this was all just a game to you ... this whole time, you pretended to like me in order to humiliate me in front of the entire school?" An air of melancholia surrounded me, eyes watery like never before. "Were your feelings for me ever real?"

There wasn't even a trace of apologetic expression on his features as he tucked his hands into his pockets, before he gave a nonchalant shrug.

The sudden urge for revenge became a prominent priority.

He regarded me passively. "It's not my fault that you fell for me in the first place." he justified as he advanced my way, closing the gap between us.

Unstably, I strode backwards on the concrete.

"... don't you dare come near me." I whimpered. "You're nothing but cold hearted."

**

Two years ago, Emery Roy was tragically exposed to what some would call an intense betrayal all thanks to the originator - Dean Darnell.

Everything went downward spiral after they started dating. What appeared to be a match made in heaven, turned from blissful to disastrous the moment Dean humiliated Emery in front of the entire school, leaving her completely heartbroken. So to avoid him at all costs, she did what any person would do: transfer school.

Fast forward two years later. What happens when she's returning back to Roosevelt High, for the first time during senior year? She only has a few tasks: avoid Dean and face her obstacles.

The only question is will she succeed or will she get fooled again?

Opinion:
This story is so compelling and I couldn't put it down for a second. Recently I've started to many books on wattpad and never finished a single one because I just couldn't get into them but I couldn't put this story down.