thirteen||confess

Best friends confess to each other.
.
.
.
.
.

"Breakfast is ready, princess! Get up, we have to practice today" Iwaizumi said as he barged into his own room, shaking the sleepy male out of the sweet escape into dreamland.

"I don't eat breakfast..." he murmured and wrapped himself into the blanket once again.

"Well... then I guess all my hard work will go to waste... I worked so hard on that tamagoyaki..." Iwaizumi put on a sad face, but he knew Oikawa would never say no to that. Once again, he was right - Oikawa shot up and stared at Iwaizumi for a second before scrambling to his feet and running to the shower.

Iwaizumi simply laughed and headed back to the kitchen to prepare some finishing touches, such as some fresh juice and putting the remaining tamagoyaki into his and Oikawa's bento boxes. Oikawa only took 4 minutes in the shower, before he bolted to the kitchen, hair still wet. He spotted the tamagoyaki on the table and practically knocked over the whole table just to get to it.

"There's more in bento boxes"

"You're the best, Iwa-chan!"

The rest of the breakfast seemed to go by smoothly, though, Iwaizumi couldn't focus on his food that much. He was too busy watching Oikawa.

After they've gathered their things, they went out and headed towards the school. The warm breeze of early spring brought upon some memories in Iwaizumi. The two had walked this path a million times, yet every day felt new. Oikawa was as quirky as ever, running and jumping around, telling Iwaizumi what they should do in the evening, but all Iwaizumi could think about were the feelings inside of him, crushing him slowly.

He stopped somewhere in the middle of the trail, there was barely anyone around.

"Something on your mind?", Oikawa asked as he noticed him standing and looking at the colorful morning sky.

"Yeah... many things"

"Want to share?"

"I suppose I could... I wonder why every day feels so new? Why do I always catch myself thinking about you? Why does my heart beat faster every time I'm around you?"

"Iwa-chan..."

Iwaizumi sighed and looked straight into Oikawa's eyes, he could drown in them any day. He stepped closer to him and gently took his hand. Iwaizumi watched as Oikawa bit his lip, anticipating whatever the other had to say.

"Oikawa... do you know the answers to my questions? I have a feeling you do, but perhaps you are just as shy as I am and do not want to say them out loud. Let me say it in that case..."

Another warm breeze flew by and Iwaizumi inhaled sharply.

"I might... no, I do have a crush on you. It's not a little crush, no, it's beyond my comprehension. I could think about you all day and never get bored. I want to hold you, I want to touch you, I want to kiss you and protect you. I want you to be mine..."

Oikawa cracked a smile as he pulled the other into an embrace. "Me too... I feel the same..."

"That... makes me so happy"

"What are we now, Iwa-chan?"

"Whatever you want us to be"