one

He's just like my brother. I don't know what life would be like without him. If only we spent more time together. He's such a famous person now, but he told me he'd be coming back to school. I'm just hoping it happens. I miss him so much.

Michael has literally been the person that I think about when someone says, angel. Because he was better than any other person I knew. His heart was golden, and sweet, and if he needed to, he could be very strong, assertive, and witty.

Between our friendship, he is more of the quiet, just-go-with-the-flow kind of person. And then there's me; the straight forward, loud girl that people find annoying sometimes. The girls in my class treat me like a boy, and don't think I'm good enough to play with them. The funny thing is, they think that the words they say, hurt me, but they don't. As long as I have Michael by my side, all is well.

But this year he was taken out of school because he was getting bigger and better in his career, and didn't have the time to go to school for nine hours a day.

The environment around here is very different without him. Not a good different either. He promised he'd continue to write to me, so that we can stay in touch. He's been really good at responding to my letters. Until he wasn't. Which I understand, being a pop star means you don't have much time to stop by the post office.

My mom said that I shouldn't be so sad when he suddenly stops writing. I have to understand that our friendship is stronger than the distance, and I know he'll come home one day. So I sit and wait around the television, the radio, and the mailbox; just hoping to hear or see his name.

Because that's what all 12 year olds do, right?

-

Fall was here and the beginning of classes started today. Michael had said that he may come back for classes this year. Honestly, I don't think it will happen, but a girl can dream right?

I hope this year will be less hectic than the past ones. He's always busy... he misses a lot of school because his dad makes him, and his brothers practice non-stop. Then it's off to another concert... or maybe even tour. Michael and I have been friends for as long as I can remember! And now I feel like the older we get, the more famous he gets. Which means I can't see him as often as we used to.

A lot of times, Michael tells me he's coming back for school, but like always - nothing happens. So here I am, waiting his arrival by his house, and then a tap on my shoulder takes me away from my trance. It's usually his mother Katherine telling me they're not coming back this year.

This year, she tapped me again and simply shook her head. This is the third time in a row. I couldn't control my feelings, and I broke down. I miss him so much, it's like I'm going to have to get used to the idea that I will never see him again.

I'm almost at that point anyway.

(EDITED July 2, 2019)