Chapter 16: Christmas

The flowers hit the ground and my stomach dropped.

Did she just say...fian-

"Hey. I thought we were gonna meet..." Leo's voice sounded behind me. I turned around. He paused, his eyes set on Liv.

"Liv, what are you doing here?" Leo asked slowly, glancing over towards me.

I clenched my jaw.

"Of course I'd be here for my fiancé's play." Liv smiled, walking past me and towards Leo, giving him a quick peck.

My heart stung.

Leo smiled awkwardly, grabbing her arms and pushing her away slightly," Can we talk about this later?"

"Of course not. I just came back again." Liv held his hand. I looked down at their hands.

I finally came back to my senses. I leaned down, picking up the flowers.

"I should go. I have to say hi to my family." I smiled over towards Leo and Liv.

"Haley, I-" Leo started.

"Bye." I sternly looked at him, turning around and walking towards the parking lot.

I felt my hands clutch the flowers as I walked away, my teeth clenched. How could he say that to me just last night? A fiancé? He's really hit a new low. He won't hurt me? Such a liar. Honestly though, what was I expecting? Him to just change?

"Haley." Leo called behind me, his feet jogging up to me.

"Haley, wait." I felt a hand touch my arm. Leo pulled me, turning me around. I stopped, turning around angrily and began walking towards him.

"You know what DiCaprio?" I took steps towards him as he stepped back," Im so tired of people thinking they can step all over me."

His eyes got wide," I never stepped over you."

I scoffed, crossing my arms," Yeah right. A fiancé?"

Leo ran his hand through his hair," We got engaged sophomore year. Her and I were young and didn't know what we were saying. I swear, I was going to call it off. Because I realized that I liked you."

I sighed, shutting my eyes in frustration," I don't want to hear a fucking excuse Leo. You still slept around with girls and made out with them while engaged to her. And you even..." I pressed my lips together," You kissed me."

Leo looked down at me with his eyebrows lowered, reaching out.

"I-"

"Do you like playing with peoples feelings? Is this like a game to you? Can't get the pleasure from her when she's out of town, so you settle for girls like me, huh?" I scoffed," I can't believe I was considering giving you a chance."

Leo clenched his jaw, looking down at me sternly," I would never ever do that to you. It's more complicated then you think."

I crossed my arms," I don't care anymore, Leo. I'm so done." I mumbled, feeling beyond frustrated. I walked off, leaving Leo angry and frustrated towards himself.
-
{Leo}
I watched as Haley walked away angrily. I clenched my fists.

"That was..." Liv stepped in front of me,"Intense." Was she listening to that whole thing?

"Why are you back? I thought you weren't coming until graduation." I crossed my arms, clearly mad.

"Well, I decided to surprise you." She smiled before glancing back towards Haley's direction. She was already gone.

Liv turned back to me," I like that Haley girl. You could learn a thing or two from her."